Help Dodgey Credit Car Sellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Dodgey Credit Car Sellers

Hi all my dozey sister bought a car from a credit company Welcome Finance in knowsley, the car was bought 3 months ago with 19,000 miles on the clock.
    The car is a Rover 25 ( i know) and came with 6 months optional warranty through direct group, the gearbox and now the engine have completely gone and the warranty are refusing to fix as they say its wear and tear.
    She has done 1000 miles in it in 3 months and they are refusing to fix, and the garage it got left at say the engine looks like it had been left in a garden for 2 years and the sellers state she must have changed or replaced the engine and she will have to pay to fix it £1650 ................ god

Now the car is on finance with 2 years and 9 months left to go and she cannot afford to pay for new engine and gearbox does she have any rights or anyone any ideas what she could do next??

trot into the citizens advise bureux with all the paper work
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

the engine and gearbox numbers should match what's on the VIN plate and the logbook.

this will back up that it's the original engine.

i keep getting letters from welcome car finance saying i have been offered a car loan and if i don't take it, it will affect my credit rating!... they changed a while back (i got a letter about that too!)

with 19000 miles it surely can't be classed as wear and tear!!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

or get a rich sister like mine!... (they have much better telly's!!)
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

fit for purpose etc. Cotanct the citizens advice and as theres a credit company involved ask the fsa what they think of the situation.
          www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

a friend of mine (who is a qualified volvo mechanic) was once asked to help out his brother in law, who'd brought a car from empress (or whatever they're called now) which was nothing but trouble and about to cost an arm and a leg to fix..... he took it to work to do a full report on it. during the inspection they found (as well as lots of other things) the car was actually 2 halves welded together........

he went back to the point of purchase with his report and the new owners and demanded a full refund, one of the salesmen went for him.... now matey is 6'4", the wrong side of 18 stone and does not step backwards....... for anyone. a scuffle followed, the company were told that if a full refund isn't in the hands of the owners within 3 days, he'll take things further. ie. trading standards and a number of local papers that regularly have full page ads for the company. the following day the salesman who'd sold the car turned up at the door, with cash (full amount) and an apology. he also said that their friend was now banned (no longer welcome) from the showroom.

a year or so after this event i was looking for a car for her indoors, we called at empress (to give her some ideas) and they won't allow him in..... we just laughed and went elsewhere........... i do like a happy ending....!!!!

Comment

I was once stupid enough to get a car from direct car finance who finance through welcome. Had a few problems with the car but they (welcome) didnt want to know despite having the warranty with them. I ended up getting a bank loan at much lower interest rates to pay it off. Then I had a touch of brilliance and traded it in for my surf.

Comment

Working...
              X