Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andycook
    Well rising diesel prices AGAIN have forced me to act,
    Got 60 litre of veg oil at Costco this lunchtime £8.49 for 20 litre drum (42.45ppl). Have also sent off the EX103 form off.

Decided not to get a all-in-one VEG CONVERSION kit - due to cost, and vehicle has done 150k miles.

So going to fit an electric fuel line heater (ebaY) and a coolant heat exhanger and see how i get on with that setup, may put in a 2 tank system eventually.

- But I also want to convert the much lower mileage (50 k) Scooby to LPG, and that costs around 1200 - assuming i can get a grant still for that conversion.

I think you will find grant is only available on cars under 5 yrs and even then only for certain specified installs. It all stopped in March this year anyway, see http://www.boostlpg.com/ . Also LPG is just not cost viable on diesel cos you need a spark to make it go bang.

So 4 options really 1. Pay up 2.emigrate 3.get 500cc clone-mobile or 4. go veggy (maybe get sponsorship from the local chippy, as everyone knows once you smell chips you have just got go get some
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

our subaru is only 3 yrs old and petrol - so should be OK for LPG,

on another note, got a 20 l drum of 10w/40 Chevron deisel engine oil from COSTCO for £23 ish - 1/2 the price of buying engine oil e.g. Castrol Magnatec in those 4.5l cans.
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
      X