X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miketilley
    The largest size COSTCO do is 20ltrs if I remember correctly
    Yup, £8.46 last week, for 20lts.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

yep 20L drums at costco... bit of a handful after that.
      I put mine into 20L jerry cans then with a spout on the end i can shove 20L at a time in on the move.
      not running veg at the moment though as i need to sort glow plugs and injectors really.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Can anyone shed light on what damage, if any, using veg oil to your engine does?? I have also heard that you can't start a diesel engine on pure veg oil, is this true. Surely diesel is a lot better than veg oil for the engine as it's refined for use in an engine. Veg oil is refined to cook your chips!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
          Can anyone shed light on what damage, if any, using veg oil to your engine does?? I have also heard that you can't start a diesel engine on pure veg oil, is this true. Surely diesel is a lot better than veg oil for the engine as it's refined for use in an engine. Veg oil is refined to cook your chips!
          It'll start on pure veg in the summer, runs a little lumpy till the pump and injectors warm up (just a couple of minutes) and lets the veg flow easier. In the winter its to viscous unless its heated first with a preheater or you start and stop on diesel from a small extra tank, then switch to veg after 5 mins.

It been cover lots on here, we've been running it for nearly a year at 50/50 and the motor still runs sweet and strong, especially with the Heated Fuel Cat waming the fuel up first, even on neat diesel we get 30ish extra miles a tankfull.

Shows how much hype surrounds the so called refined super dooper diesel, when it'll run great on straight veg oil.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i put 50/50 veg oil and diesel in... only £30 of each, but the tank overflowed all over my patio!!... where did i go wrong??

(was it a birth defect?)

and, yeah, costco aberdeen, does veg oil... i used it in the hire car we had in april!!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

thanks guys

will have to give costco a call, we have company cards for them
              as 20 litres cans easier to handle than filling up trollet at Tesco's!
              Landcruiser Colorado
              Sub. Forester

Comment

Diesel was/is a buy product of refining, veg oil is what Dr diesel used to show off his new engine(peanut oil), it`s much cleaner burning, look at you mot emissions test, my bx estate stopped today as i tried 90% mix and left for work at 0530, if this happens to you you can boil a kettle and pour it on your pump or squirt wd40 into the inlet like i did.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
                  Yeah - veg oil has no sulpohur and is 100% ester - C & E woman was talking rubbish. Pure veg oil meets all the biodiesel criteria. The difference in duty arises as you have to be able to run your car on pure veg oil for it to qualify as a biofuel. If you use it as part of a mix with diesel (i.e. effectivley just bulking out the diesel) then you have to pay the full whack.

As philip says - so long as you only set aside pure veg oil and tell c&e that you run only on veg oil you should only have to pay the lower duty.

What happens if the C&E make a visit [you have set aside some veg oil in the drum] and decide to dip the tank. How can you prove that this is not substitute as opposed to biodiesel, especially if you have no converter on the vehicle or filtration system???
                  Gaz

Comment

Can you run a diesel on Parafin? I know you can in a multifuel.?

Comment

Working...
                    X