t belt light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t belt light

one other thing i wanted to check is that the t belt light is on on my dashboard what does this mean i have tried everything but can't get it off, once again everything is in japanese

The t-belt light means the belt needs changing. It can be reset by removing the little rubber bung in the dash next to the odometer reset button, and pressing the switch with something like a matchstick.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      The t-belt light means the belt needs changing. It can be reset by removing the little rubber bung in the dash next to the odometer reset button, and pressing the switch with something like a matchstick.
      Its a 3rd gen, there is not a reset switch, if you don't have the dealer gadget you have to remove the dash, and swop a little screw into another hole on the back of the dash.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Could 'ave been a very late model 2nd gen.

Comment

Originally posted by potter
          one other thing i wanted to check is that the t belt light is on on my dashboard what does this mean i have tried everything but can't get it off, once again everything is in japanese
          Have a look here
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by potter

Stick a bit of blue tac over it then drive as fast as possible for as long as possible!

Comment

Originally posted by The Pope
              Stick a bit of blue tac over it then drive as fast as possible for as long as possible!
              And I suppose you just pray that the belt doesn't snap and destroy your engine. What it is to have faith!!!!!!
              Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                And I suppose you just pray that the belt doesn't snap and destroy your engine. What it is to have faith!!!!!!
                he needs some if he has 2CV!
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman

That was supposed to be a tongue in cheek thing but never mind.
                  Do you seriously thing he would have taken that advise?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Could 'ave been a very late model 2nd gen.
                    Could have been, but the odds where in my favour.

Originally posted by The Pope
                    That was supposed to be a tongue in cheek thing but never mind.
                    Do you seriously thing he would have taken that advise?
                    He might have done, then you would have felt bad!!!

Add a few 's 's or even 's when posting (but don't end up like Dunno though, he's addicted to BIG smilies!), it helps people get comments in context when reading of a bulletin board. We can't see you grinning/snarling/crying/etc on the 'net.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      Could have been, but the odds where in my favour.

He might have done, then you would have felt bad!!!

Add a few 's 's or even 's when posting (but don't end up like Dunno though, he's addicted to BIG smilies!), it helps people get comments in context when reading of a bulletin board. We can't see you grinning/snarling/crying/etc on the 'net.

Comment

dont knock it

Originally posted by dirtydog
                        he needs some if he has 2CV!
                        Oi
                        give us a break, hate it or hate it the 2cv is a brill little motor, they are tough, you can rev the b*lls off them, easy to work on, no gaskets to blow and you can run them at full tilt (ha ha) all day aaannnnd they wont crack a head or boil
                        70 MPH, 50+MPG, cheap tax, cheap insurance - less than £100 fully comp tried(very) & tested, vertually every part can be replaced cheeply - including the chassis, and they make everybody smile not just the drivers aaannnnd the owners do wave add to that in standard form they are great off road, in snow aaannnnd you would not believe what their twin engine 4x4 can do.
                        Still love me surf though - oh nearly forgot -aaannnnd they increace in value my e reg (it is verry clean) worth over £2500.00
                        different is not bad
                        tony
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

clearly you have never had the joy of following a convoy of 3 of these, on geman plates, weaving all over the road at 25 mph oblivious to everything else on the road and with absolutely no way to get past them, for 20 miles. like i did last week
                          oh how i smiled...
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                            clearly you have never had the joy of following a convoy of 3 of these, on geman plates, weaving all over the road at 25 mph oblivious to everything else on the road and with absolutely no way to get past them, for 20 miles. like i did last week
                            oh how i smiled...
                            nudge bars!!!!!!!
                            Dave

Comment

Ya!

Originally posted by Chillitt
                              oh how i smiled...
                              not the motor, the nut behind the wheel, and as you say they were Germans!.....or possibly Dutch and tourists
                              we call them emets down here
                              Tony
                              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X