No announcement yet.

virgin surfer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Wayne & welcome. One thing none of the others have thought to mention...DONT use 4WD on tarmac. The 2nd Gen does not have a centre diff, so other than in a very straight line, you'll likely suffer from transmission wind-up if you run in 4WD, as all the wheels will try to turn at the same rate. It's OK offroad and for snow/ice etc but could be a very expensive mistake on tarmac.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
      Hi Wayne & welcome. One thing none of the others have thought to mention...DONT use 4WD on tarmac. The 2nd Gen does not have a centre diff, so other than in a very straight line, you'll likely suffer from transmission wind-up if you run in 4WD, as all the wheels will try to turn at the same rate. It's OK offroad and for snow/ice etc but could be a very expensive mistake on tarmac.

Thx mike, yes ive read up on that already about the 4WD on tarmac!! phew lol

I have greased up my steering stops (bone dry they were) and have been out driving some country roads which was quite amusing...i can see over the hedgerows now!!! wahoooo lol

Comment

Originally posted by pops
        i love that TECHNICAL TERM
        " a BLOB of grease"
        welcome to the surfers madhouse
        I had to look the correct term up in the handbook so I know it's right.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X