No announcement yet.

3 weeks and ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the guys having a bad enough day without any here out biding him...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      I woulnt realy but you got to keep the old boy on his toe's
      Da 1st gen maffia is on the case
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
        Id hate to start a war but thats the first 1st gen model Iv'e seen so its on my list too.(I take it you ebay handle is the same as that fool wot asked dat question)if so if you bid I wont.........but TonyN might.
        Hadn't seen it till now, its not a model I've seen before, would be bidding on it if I'd found it myself searching ebay, but its all yours now.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          He can't afford silly toys, he's got a 4Runner to fix!

Comment

i think you will find the patel family have a 4runner to fix....
            Last edited by Chillitt; 6 July 2005, 19:54. Reason: i is idiot
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Hi Rick, sorry to hear about the damage, doesn't seem fair does it.
              At least its still in one piece though. If they'd hit my 1st gen, there'd be a chassis with a pile of rust around it!
              Last edited by Rob; 6 July 2005, 20:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                Hi Rick, sorry to hear about the damage, doesn't seem fair does it.
                At least its still in one piece though. If they'd hit my 1st gen, they'd be a chassis with a pile of rust around it!

I lined a Focus up with my 4Runner today, with no bumper or saggy arse like Rick's truck, the car wouldn't stop till it hit the rear tyres! So it would just bounce off! or maybe the driver gets a REALLY close look at the Forum sticker on the bottem of the tailgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                  Couple of pics . Towbar does not look bent in pics , but is .

Looks like they've

1. either come round the corner at speed
                  2. lost control through concentration
                  3. or had a few tipples
                  Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                    Looks like they've

1. either come round the corner at speed
                    2. lost control through concentration
                    3. or had a few tipples
                    Or just a complete C*** , sorry but thats how I feel after 1/2 bottle of Bacardi
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

i was around that neck o' the woods yesterday and a fella wanted to turn left from a right hand lane at a roundabout... didn't see a 45x15ft trailer in his way until it was an inch from his bumper... then he waved his arms a bit!.... must be something in the water!!

similar happened to my mate, car took corner too fast and wrote off every car in the layby!... he went home but the plod didn't take long to have a look around and find his banana car!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hey Mr painfull bottom
                        YOU GOT MAIL

I hope,thats if I sent it right....you never know there is always a first time.
                        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Thanks lads .

A BIG THANKYOU to Rick (Sumo) and Jon (Jotto) for cheering me up . Sumo went out of his way in his own time and diesel cost to his local friendly Toyota dealer and got all the parts priced up for me to repair 'Old saggy bum' . All parts are still available and can be delivered to Sumo's dealer in a week . Excellent news , but I will try and see if my local stealer will be as helpful as their previous dealings have been very poor . With these costs I feel . in my opinion , that the Runner can be saved .
                          I went over to Jotto's workshop today and renmoved the towbar which took the main impact . Jon was busy but still stopped to help me .Jon was quiete suprised how bent the towbar was . I took 35mm pictures for reference for the Insurance co. as I need the towbar for towing my trailer to the Uxbridge Autoshow next weekend . Jon took some with his diggy . I cut the tow hitch section out and the end mount plates off and then Jon welded in a new centre section . The old piece was 3mm box , we substituted for 5mm box . Try and bend this one PATEL !!
                          Just got to weld 2 reinforcer fillets on and refit . New socket and wiring to be done . I will be charging PATEL for this work . I had authority to do temp repairs by my Insurance co. If PATEL does not like this he can hire me a vehicle like for like with a towbar . A new towbar would cost twice the repair costs ( Jon has not priced the job yet, but I am sure it will be fair ) , anyway I will not be paying will I PATEL .
                          Got to fit a foglight for MOT , he can pay for the light and fitting aswell .

Thanks again lads . This is wot this Forum is about , helping others in need .

Comment

good stuff - battleship building mate
                            hope it gets sorted... that reminds me - Jon??? Fancy making me a little something if I can find the diagrams?
                            Tim
                            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                              good stuff - battleship building mate
                              hope it gets sorted... that reminds me - Jon??? Fancy making me a little something if I can find the diagrams?
                              He makes lovely bacon sarnies .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                                He makes lovely bacon sarnies .
                                i could have sworn Jenny made them... what does a diagram for them look like?
                                Tim
                                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                                X