No announcement yet.

Question time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to refuse to carry yet another ID card ( my wallet is already approaching 2" thick without another card in it) and I am going to refuse to have one of these balck boxes in my car. Will you all write to me C/O HMP Wherever?

It's time for mass Civil Disobedience. Or will we all roll over as usual?
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Hi all, Just to let you know, my truck does an average of 2500 miles a week.
      If this is all done at the peak time, using the Governments figures of £1.34/mile it will cost my company £3350 / week which must be passed on to the consumer.
      By the way my Boss runs over Two Hundred Trucks so go figure
      See yall Cheers

Comment

I like the idea, as I live in an area with very little traffic and I drive at non-peak times, so I should be paying very very little going by the report.

Comment

Since I either cycle or walk to work my Surf spends most of the week quietly sat on the drive. The proposals would be great for me but crap for the wife who has to drive 20 miles each way to work at peak times. She's already worked out that even at 50p per mile she'd have to give up her job in Gloucester and find something local as it just wouldn't be economic.

Just thought. By the time they could bring it in we'd both be retired anyway and spending time away in the caravan only driving at off peak times. So, yeah, bring it on. As G Brown Esq has already stolen enough of my pension pot with his raids on the pension funds, it's the only way we'll be able to afford to go away when we retire.
          Last edited by Tallyman; 12 June 2005, 23:20.
          Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            I could actually live the idea, apart from fact you know we'll get shafted by the prices, they'd probably withdraw the 'scrap raod tax/fuel duty' bit at the last minute, and the biggest issue that no one is making to much fuss about is someone will know... EXACTLY WHERE YOU WERE, WHAT TIME OF DAY, AND WHAT SPEED YOU DROVE AT whenever you got in a car. Not my idea of a free country.
            At the end of the day, the only people to blame for all this is us - the british public. Like it or not we are a bunch of namby pamby gutless whingers. I`m not advocating anarchy or anything like that but we do cause our own problems in this country. We let the govt walk all over us and the most we ever do about it is get some online petition going. It`s about time that for once in our lives we all stood together like they do in some other countrys and told Lionel Blair and Co. that it just ain`t gonna happen without consequences. Over the years we are becoming less and less of a free nation. Some of the so called repressed countrys that were liberated from communism have a far less restricted lifestyle. I am now being told if i can smoke or not, and where i can do it, i`m told what i can eat, drink, drive, make love to, and how many times a week. I`m even being told now that i can`t take photos of my own kids at sports days or nativity plays. FREE DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY?.................I THINK NOT!!

Ken. (Wow! I feel better for that)
            God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Comment

Working...
            X