Land Cruiser 80 springs in Surf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Cruiser 80 springs in Surf...

Bleeding typical! I had 2" lift explorer srpings but wanted more lift and heavier duty. So according to the forum, 95' 80 springs will lift it by 3". Well its too high now as the back end has gone up by 2.5" extra from taking the 2" springs out! Oh my, from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the arch is now 24" and i only want to raise the front by 2" that will leave a 1" diffence. Even with ball joint spacers and the diff dropping i didnt want that much.

The back end must be a least 4.5" higher than normal??? Thas bigger that a full blown kit!

Bugger..................etc etc
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

SURF DRAGSTER
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

If you don't want the cruiser springs any more.........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I might get someone to make me some standard cruiser springs that are 1.5" shorter. Then i get the correct hight plus the extra beefiness of the springs that i was originally after.

drat and double drat

Comment

1" higher at the back doesn't sound much. I have been driving a Surf dragster around for over a year now. The ascents don't seem as bad but the descents are
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            1" higher at the back doesn't sound much. I have been driving a Surf dragster around for over a year now. The ascents don't seem as bad but the descents are
            i think you missunderstood dude lol...

The total lift is now 4.5" at rear which is exessive just for springs and no other suspension bracktery.....ooooowww bugger. It really is a bit to high at the BACK, ILL POST PICS ONCE OUT OF GARAGE WHEN FRONTS BEEN DONE.

opps caps lock lol

Comment

OK. I understand now. What you need is 31/10.5/15s on the back and 35s on the front. A little tinkering with the diff gearing. Job done
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

CRY CRY, all this advise is not helping CRY CRY

Now who was it that said cruiser springs lifted it by 3"?

Comment

Hey dont be too harsh on yourself
                  It looks lovely, from where I saw it on the ramp you could hardly notice, except perhaps that the rear seemed several feet nearer the garage roof than the front!
                  Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtdog
                    Hey dont be too harsh on yourself
                    It looks lovely, from where I saw it on the ramp you could hardly notice, except perhaps that the rear seemed several feet nearer the garage roof than the front!
                    Thanks, it does look good...just want more downward travel on rear that the springs may have taken out.
                    Started adjusting the front and its also taking the back up with it!!! So after all i may be fitting slightly shorter rear springs so it will compensate......

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
                      Thanks, it does look good...just want more downward travel on rear that the springs may have taken out.
                      Started adjusting the front and its also taking the back up with it!!! So after all i may be fitting slightly shorter rear springs so it will compensate......
                      Look in the Mods Section under "Rear Coil Spacers". After some time looking into this very problem (i.e. 2" rear lift springs that don't) that's the way I eventualy leveled up my Surf.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                        Look in the Mods Section under "Rear Coil Spacers". After some time looking into this very problem (i.e. 2" rear lift springs that don't) that's the way I eventualy leveled up my Surf.

Nevillef
                        I have some spacers but the idea with the crusier springs was to also increase the load capacity so the back end don't droop with even small load....

I'll get some shorter crusier spring...

Comment

I have some spacers but the idea with the crusier springs was to also increase the load capacity so the back end don't droop with even small load....

I'll get some shorter crusier spring...
                          Were they standard length cruiser springs or the lifted variety, a lot of the imports have +3 inch lift on them.

Mind you the standard length ones are pretty long - got a set in my garage ready to go on my cruiser when I get round to it.

Only thing I would worry about getting shorter cruiser springs is that the ride might be a bit too hard - they are pretty heavy duty cos of the weight of the cruiser and shortening them will increase the resistance a bit I would think.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                            Were they standard length cruiser springs or the lifted variety, a lot of the imports have +3 inch lift on them.

Mind you the standard length ones are pretty long - got a set in my garage ready to go on my cruiser when I get round to it.

Only thing I would worry about getting shorter cruiser springs is that the ride might be a bit too hard - they are pretty heavy duty cos of the weight of the cruiser and shortening them will increase the resistance a bit I would think.

Cheers
                            I got them from Milners as standard cruiser 80 springs, they are at least 1.5" longer than the procomp 2" lift springs. So i'll either get lower rated cruiser ones or, lower rated and slightly shorter cruiser springs as it does look good but seems a little hard at the back now!

Comment

I got them from Milners as standard cruiser 80 springs, they are at least 1.5" longer than the procomp 2" lift springs. So i'll either get lower rated cruiser ones or, lower rated and slightly shorter cruiser springs as it does look good but seems a little hard at the back now!
                              The Milners ones are uprated even their "standard ones". Standard Toyota cruiser springs will be softer - also not sure if they are still up there but there was a complete set of import cruiser springs with adjustable shocks on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X