Land Cruiser 80 springs in Surf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucky
    The Milners ones are uprated even their "standard ones". Standard Toyota cruiser springs will be softer - also not sure if they are still up there but there was a complete set of import cruiser springs with adjustable shocks on ebay.
    Yeah i checked this....luckily they had limited stocks of what are really standard cruiser springs. Milners H/D ones are coloured blue and mine and bobby basic black. Still too hard though, and the back needs to go down at least an 1". So i need 1" shorter with same rating as Milners H/D Surf springs Cruiser ones!!! I'll sort it..............lol....ooooo not again.......
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

This is the lift now. Although i have lowered the front by 1/2" to make it look better after this photo. Strangley enough, if you look at pic's before (members rigs) and then this it does look like its only gone up by just over an inch at the back yet when it was being measured in the same place before and after this shows a total lift of 4.5" (compaired with original 2" lift). All i can think is that its something to do with the axle moving as its being lifted up thus giving false readings beacause the center of the wheel has changed position. Plus when it was set up in the photo the front should be an inch lower, yet this is hard to see so thats why i increased it by half inch. When the surf was lower, even 1/2" difference between the front and back was really easy to see yet when it was lifted the 1" was hardly noticeable.

So, if off to get 80 springs with same rating as h/d Surf ones and go from there. I should get right lift with more load holding as i wanted, then ill reset front t bars again.......
      Attached Files

Comment

That looks good to me - I'd get a set of 16" rims and leave it how it is
        NO WORRIES!
        Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
          That looks good to me - I'd get a set of 16" rims and leave it how it is
          Or 33 inch tyres!!

Comment

Definately need some bigger boots - but looking good!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Looks okay to me. Now a lift in the front, some bigger tyres and you're done.
              I run the 95 LC springs front and rear.

Comment

Have you got a solid axle up front for the coil springs - truck looks really good.

Comment

Ok, here it is. Landcruiser 80 1995 rear springs, balljoint spacers and front diff and anti-roll bar dropped by about 20mm. The diff could not go a full inch as the exhaust is in the way! Ive set the torsion bars to give 1.5" difference from the rear, the front is still higher than before but when set to the same arch clearance as the rear looked odd cos i don't have big tyres. Looks ballanced now, also remember with the 80 springs a longer brake pipe has been used and the LSV bracket has been raised by 3". also longer rear anti-roll tie bars have been used. The front has taken the balljoint spacers well with nothing getting tight when on its bump stops. The ride is very hard at the back so lower rated 80 springs are on the cards and a full aligmnet of the suspension needs doing as the lower wishbones had to be moved when the spacers were installed.

All thanks to Clifton Avenue Motors in Long Eaton. (I tweeked the T bars! and sprayed stone chip on some bits....)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eurorunner
                    Looks okay to me. Now a lift in the front, some bigger tyres and you're done.
                    I run the 95 LC springs front and rear.

I need to know where you got that front bumper from. I must have one.

Comment

that is a lovely looking truck!
                      is this the one being completely dechromed? remember it from a while back>?
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                      X