• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another towbar cry for help

hi all
    got a towbar from towequipe good price and it fits like a dream
    used the search to get some tips on fitting and everything has gone fine
    i have got a wiring diagram for the electrics but i have a couple of questions
    1 do i have to connect both left and right side light wires(main cable up the the back of left light cluster)
    2 has anyone fitted the warning buzzer that comes with the toweqipe towbar
    i thought it would just be 3 wires 1 to earth 1 to left indicator 1 to right indicator but it has more wires coming out in colours that dont show up on any wiring diagram
    any help would be appreciated
    carl
    ps still waving
    Baner

I bought one from them too, an amazing price (ebay),
    I have fitted it but must admit I am going to get a car spark friend
    to wire it in.
    Great quality bar, would recommend to anyone.

Comment

towbar

Originally posted by baner
      hi all
      1 do i have to connect both left and right side light wires(main cable up the the back of left light cluster)
      i thought it would just be 3 wires 1 to earth 1 to left indicator 1 to right indicator but it has more wires coming out in colours that dont show up on any wiring diagram
      carl
      ps still waving
      hiya mate yes the black wire on 7 core goes to left hand side brown to right side light
      the warning buzzer is supposed to be fitted by law usually you have yellow green orange and grey and white wires green to green on 7 core yellow to yellow on 7 core grey to right hand indicater orange to left indicater white to earth hope this helps i believe the wiring runs down both sides of vehicle so you will need to run two wires accross to other side for other side light and indicater i am a auto electrician by trade so any probs shout

Comment

I did mine a few eeks ago .
        The bleeper thing is easy to fit
        You just connect it to the towing wire first and then the wires in the lamp cluster

Red - tail lights
        Blue - fog light
        orange - left indicator
        Grey - right indicator
        White - earth
        Black - brake lights

I just ran a wire from the right hand cluster to the other side. It only too about an hour all told. I hope this helps.
        I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

hi all
          carl
          ps still waving

i have one of these, i had no probs with the wiring at all just followed the instructions, as for helping you at the moment would be hard cause it was a while back when i fitted it so i have forgot the wiring procedure...but if you do get stuck and need help i could remove the light cluster to see how i have it wired-in but i would have to do this tomorrow if i get home from work early enough. if this is any help for you just let me know?????
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

many thanks guys
            it all makes sense now
            i will have a go tomorrow and let you no
            hope i can sort it i go away the weekend lol
            thanks again
            carl
            Baner

Comment

tow bar all done and wired in fine
              everything working and the little buzzer buzzes merrily when the indicators work
              thanks for the tips people
              couldnt of done it without you
              carl
              Baner

Comment

now all you need to worry about is if the cooling system is up to towing...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

lol its only a folding camper so its not to heavy
                  fingers crossed
                  Baner

Comment

lol its only a folding camper so its not to heavy
                    fingers crossed
                    You should not have any problems
                    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

What model folding camper?
                      my old Conway weighed 3/4 tonne and my 2.4 never even knew it was there.
                      The new Pennine is 1 tonne fully loaded, and I can feel it pulling back slightly.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

That damned buzzer is awfully loud though, I've buried mine in foam and its still bl!!dy deafening.
                        [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

If i`d of read this post soon enough i would have suggested that you either wrap the buzzer up with tape or don`t use it all!

I fit the same towbar from ebay a few weeks ago aswell.I`ve put the buzzer behind the trim in the little pocket behind the near side rear lights.Was quite pleased with myself until i heard how loud the buzzer was.Towing the caravan up to the lakes two weeks ago every time i indicated i woke the baby up.If the buzzer was`nt buzzing then the baby would be balling. ,Bad move
                          Stella Artois

Comment

i have put the buzzer there too and like you was quite impressed with my work until i indicated wow what a noise
                            might have to wrap it up in something
                            my camper is a pennine pullman and i think it is about a ton
                            its only an old one but they are all the same inside
                            up to north wales at the weekend so if anyone is up there give me a wave
                            Baner

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                              What model folding camper?
                              my old Conway weighed 3/4 tonne and my 2.4 never even knew it was there.
                              The new Pennine is 1 tonne fully loaded, and I can feel it pulling back slightly.

we,ve got a pennine pullman 535 and you know its there on hills but the rest of time it,s too easy to forget it,s there.

just need to learn to reverse with it

Comment

Working...
                              X