Veg oil fuel ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg oil fuel ??

Anyone got any info on fueling a td surf in this way?????

Steve
    Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

Originally posted by ssrx
    Anyone got any info on fueling a td surf in this way?????

Steve
    Been running mine on a mix of new veg oil and DinoDiesel for about 6 months, no mods just mixed in the tank at up to 66% vegoil - no problems so far.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      Been running mine on a mix of new veg oil and DinoDiesel for about 6 months, no mods just mixed in the tank at up to 66% vegoil - no problems so far.

you mean you just pour in fresh veg oil and top off with regular diesel. so simple !! how long you been doing that for? no ill effects?

steve

Comment

The only ill effects are the ill drivers behind you choking on kebab fumes

A small Welsh village was in the news last year because a whole host of people were using chip oil from the local chippy, the government in the guise of Customs and excise want their slice of the action and demand that you tell them so that they can charge you an equivalent levy!!! So don't forget to tell them
        How much!

Comment

More More More!!!!!!!!!

How much is veg oil? and where do you get large quantities from,
          [SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

veg oil

My previous car was dare i say it was a 1990 sh...n, i ran that for about 4 mths on a 50/50 mix of diesel and kwik saves finest veg oil. No noticable drop in power, same mpg, same starting, still pulled like hell even with a 30cwt + boat behind.You can use straight veg oil to power the car , but during the colder monnths it had to be heated before it reached the lift pump . As the pump could not pull the oil through the fuel lines. Various ways were used including taking the heater water to a coil in the fuel tank, a seperate tank could be used for the veg oil and you could use it as a duel fuel car. Also using a pipe within a pipe still using heater water to warm it up, a copper coil wrapped around the fuel filter ect ect, just as long as the fuel reached the injector pump warm. Also not all the injector pumps on all cars are suitable for running on veg oil, so this must be checked out on the veg oil sites first. These sites are very very good for info if you still want to go ahead and use it.Had some strange looks at the petrol stations though when they seen me pouring 30 liters of veg oil at a time into the tank. As was said before the only draw back is the smell you leave in your wake that gives you away that just cannot be ignored. Also said is that people in n/wales had there cars confiscated for not paying fuel duty. The alternative fuel duty, (which the goverment call it ) is the same ammount of diesel duty must be paid if you do use veg oil as a means of powering a road vehicle. I stopped using it when i read about the confirscations. Any more info you want please ask and i will try to help, take care, STAINLESS ALF

Comment

Originally posted by Healewis
              How much is veg oil? and where do you get large quantities from,

Any cash and carry, catering tins.

Thanks for the info Alf, OF COURSE I'M gonna pay the duty

use loads of fuel (over £200 p/w) so any saving is worth a go.

will report back when i've tried it.

Steve

Comment

Any cash and carry, catering tins.

Thanks for the info Alf, OF COURSE I'M gonna pay the duty

use loads of fuel (over £200 p/w) so any saving is worth a go.

will report back when i've tried it.

Steve
                Tut, tut, a baillif running his motor on veg oil!! If you get nabbed you may have to re-posses your own car!!
                Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                  Tut, tut, a baillif running his motor on veg oil!! If you get nabbed you may have to re-posses your own car!!
                  Pete

Now THAT would be interesting I could argue and swear at myself !!

Use a couple of tank fulls a day mainly m/way work so might just give it a go, see what happens.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Morr

Sorry for appearing so thick but, we are talking about using NEW UNUSED veg oil aren't we. Thought it was used oil from the sites.

steve

Comment

there was a bit on top gear about this a while back, they reckon even by paying the duty it was cheaper, but to do it legally you had to mix it 70%/30% with kerosene. visit the tax pella and see what they say!
                      it's better to do it that way and then fiddle how much you've used and pay less tax! at least then if you get pulled it's all legal!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Ok Guys, been checking out the veg oil fuel sites. seems the 4 runner/surf is an ideal candidate. One question does anyone know what make of fuel pump is used on the surf ??

If its a bosch then bob's your aunty, up to 60% without mods on str8 veg oil.

Steve

Comment

wheres the veggie sites ???
                          [img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/auto/car-smiley-006.gif[/img] [b][color=red]Anyone for [u]fluffy[/u] wheeltrims[/color][/b]

Comment

Originally posted by valarius
                            wheres the veggie sites ???

Try:
                            vegoilmotoring.com

uk site some good info and plenty of links.

Steve

Comment

Ok Guys, been checking out the veg oil fuel sites. seems the 4 runner/surf is an ideal candidate. One question does anyone know what make of fuel pump is used on the surf ??

If its a bosch then bob's your aunty, up to 60% without mods on str8 veg oil.

Steve
                              It’s not a Bosch, however I believe it to be a Nippon Denso, i.e. Bosch design made under licence so all should be well. As I posted previously I've used up to 66% of new virgin oil with no problems. I'm currently using between 25 and 33% vegoil as a precaution due to the colder weather, however as I'm experiencing no changes or difficulties, I may try raising the percentage slightly more, at least until the temp drops further.
                              Most sites you find will deal with using used oil, when doing a web search use the keywords SVO for straight vegetable oil and WVO for waste veg oil

The Surf seems ideal to me for use with vegoil either blended with DinoDiesel or using 100% veggie following suitable conversion, personally I’m thinking of going down the biodiesel route, i.e. modify the fuel rather than the surf. One small possible problem, I noticed just yesterday on the elish oils site that when they are converting the Landcruiser to use pure vegoil, they have to install an auxiliary fuel pump as the original is not powerful enough, might this also apply to the surf? Check it out here. However, I have seen much anecdotal evidence on the net of LandCruisers having been converted without any difficulty or need for auxiliary pumps. As in all these things, satisfy yourself before you proceed

With regard to paying duty, in the UK it is rated as a bio fuel and therefore attracts a lower rate of duty than regular DinoDiesel (20p less per litre I think), here in Ireland there is no differentiation between the two.

Cheapest supply of new oil is likely to be Lidl, well they’re cheapest here @ €0.62 per litre (£0.45 stg approx.)

Here’s a few links to start you off…..

http://www.northwales.org.uk/bio-power/svo.htm
                              http://www.diesel-therm.com/veggie-kit.htm
                              http://www.corkcorp.ie/services/depts/miraclesvegoil.pdf
                              http://www.goatindustries.co.uk/goatfuels.html
                              http://www.eilishoils.com
                              Maurice
                              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                              X