No announcement yet.

Handbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With regards to head problems........there are many threads on this site, it seems if your head hasn't gone in the first six months it may be OK but then again mine went after 12.
    regards Dave
    How much!

Comment

Yea apparently the 3.0 is not as much an issue as the 2.4. They stopped allowing the importation of the Surfs to Australia for some odd reason according to the importer I spoke to. Parts are not too hard to source as the Toyota Prado has the same engine. I know I am more than likely off thread here but will also ask, should you tow in overdrive or not with the auto trans?
      I will check the rest of the site out as I am a new member and have to get time to look around. Oh and thanks everyone for the help. /me sends a few cases of aussie beer to the UK

Cheers,
      Chris.

Originally posted by waveydavey
      With regards to head problems........there are many threads on this site, it seems if your head hasn't gone in the first six months it may be OK but then again mine went after 12.
      regards Dave
      WTF Newbie surfer? Been surfing since 1996!

Comment

i find best for towing O/D on and ECT on also
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Cheers,
          Chris.

Originally posted by dirtydog
          i find best for towing O/D on and ECT on also

Comment

I have just ordered an owners manual from amazon they have two listed just put a search in for Toyota Surf.
            Also ordered the Haynes (Australia) manual they have two separate manuals listed one for petrols and one for diesels I think the american one is just for petrol
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Never underestimate the power of idiiots in large groups!![/FONT]

Comment

Do you have the ISBN for those books, or the name of them? I have one book and it only covers the engine (1kz-te). I would really like one that covers the complete vehicle from top to bottom. From what I understand the Haynes one is for the forerunner but they are our equivelant of the Surf, even though they look physically different.

Chris.

Originally posted by Pat J
              I have just ordered an owners manual from amazon they have two listed just put a search in for Toyota Surf.
              Also ordered the Haynes (Australia) manual they have two separate manuals listed one for petrols and one for diesels I think the american one is just for petrol

Comment

A Frenchman in .....

Originally posted by chris-au-surf
                Yea apparently the 3.0 is not as much an issue as the 2.4. They stopped allowing the importation of the Surfs to Australia for some odd reason according to the importer I spoke to. Parts are not too hard to source as the Toyota Prado has the same engine. I know I am more than likely off thread here but will also ask, should you tow in overdrive or not with the auto trans?
                I will check the rest of the site out as I am a new member and have to get time to look around. Oh and thanks everyone for the help. /me sends a few cases of aussie beer to the UK

Cheers,
                Chris.
                A Frenchman in Australia ? I dont believe it..

Comment

As soon as the book arrives will let you know what it covers
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Never underestimate the power of idiiots in large groups!![/FONT]

Comment

I got that bundle from Amazon too. From the (quite a) bit of question-asking & research that I did, it seems that between the two, ey're the closest you'll get to full coverage, so what they cover or don't is kind of irrelevant . . .

Haynes ISBN: 156392255X

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...954436-9769228

Max Ellery ISBN: 0958727872

Mark
                    :

Comment

Originally posted by silvtr1000
                      I got that bundle from Amazon too. From the (quite a) bit of question-asking & research that I did, it seems that between the two, ey're the closest you'll get to full coverage, so what they cover or don't is kind of irrelevant . . .

Haynes ISBN: 156392255X

Max Ellery ISBN: 0958727872

Mark
                      Hi
                      i've just bought the translated owners manual and workshop manual for the 3rd gen 3.0td from Roughtraxat for 43 quid, I think. Excellant service . Highly recommended.

Comment

Workshop Manuals

Hi guys. I thought you might be interested in this site. It states that:

New for 2005, Full Workshop Manual on Three CD's for the SURF
                        3.0TD KZN130 and KZN185, 1993-2000 £15

Engine only Manual on One CD for SURF
                        3.0TD, 1993-200 £10

Hope this is some help. The web address is: www.japanese4x4spares.co.uk

Comment

Manuals online

Hey y'all...

Here are some links to manuals that are posted online. Some are in French, but some are English, including the engine manual for the 2L-T and 3L engines.

2L-T/3L Engines (Eng.): http://perso.wanadoo.fr/adherence.4x...0(en%20anglais)

For the rest, just go have a look at the site. There's tons of stuff there, if you can read French.
                          http://perso.wanadoo.fr/adherence.4x...techniques.htm

Happy downloading!

Robin
                          '90 JDM LJ78 Prado

Comment

Originally posted by light_duty
                            Hey y'all...

Here are some links to manuals that are posted online. Some are in French, but some are English, including the engine manual for the 2L-T and 3L engines.

2L-T/3L Engines (Eng.): http://perso.wanadoo.fr/adherence.4x...0(en%20anglais)
                            I had another look at this one, and there's something lame with it...it only gives the first page of the specified range. If anyone can figure this out, please reply.

Thanks
                            Robin
                            '90 JDM LJ78 Prado

Comment

Does any one know how to take off the inside door panel (drivers door). When I went to open my door to get in , I pulled the handle and heard what was like a little snap. Now i cant open my door from the outside. Any body any ideas??

Guinness650

Comment

i got the handbook, and if anyon e wants a copy its 6meg in PDF just email me at Andrewlee31@aol.com
                                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                                X