Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handbooks

Hi Guy's
    In the last two week's have just changed my 1991 Surf 2.4 TD manual, to a 1996 3.0 Td Auto 3Gen
    KZN - 185 and very pleased with this car so can anybody recomend the Surf handbook 1993-01 on ebay Item 244180926 your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Alan

that item is not comming up on ebay can you post the whole page url so we can check it out ?

also what type of handbook are you after ?

glove box book is avalible from a place in australia at a good price but workshop manuals can be a bit of a bugger to find as there dont seem to be one in english that covers the surf fully.
    so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Surffreak

Do a basic search on ebay TYPE IN Toyota Handbooks. Should have
      ( Handbooks for Grey Imported Cars ) come up. Scroll to Surf 93-01 picture of 3Gen on front cover that's the book I'm interested in.

Thanks. Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan
        Surffreak

Do a basic search on ebay TYPE IN Toyota Handbooks. Should have
        ( Handbooks for Grey Imported Cars ) come up. Scroll to Surf 93-01 picture of 3Gen on front cover that's the book I'm interested in.

Thanks. Alan
        I've seen those before, looks like an owners handbook rather than a workshop manual. One thing that seems curious to me tho, is that it covers from 93-01, that would mean it covers 2 completly different models ! Seems a bit odd, as anything covering 93-95 should also cover the earlier ones.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

yep thats a handbook and it is the sort of thing that you would find in the glovebox not bad for all that silly little bits of info but not much use really if you want to repair it.
          so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Hi Guy's
            In the last two week's have just changed my 1991 Surf 2.4 TD manual, to a 1996 3.0 Td Auto 3Gen
            KZN - 185 and very pleased with this car so can anybody recomend the Surf handbook 1993-01 on ebay Item 244180926 your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.
            Alan
            JPNZ in New Zealand have a variety of Owners Manuals and Workshop Manuals.Tha Surf workshop manual is not available but the owners manual for 2nd and 3rd gen. Surfs are.

Here is the link - http://www.jpnz.co.nz/home.html

Neville

Comment

I have a JPNZ handbook for my KZN185. I got it from here. They are UK based.

Comment

For some reason all of the translations think that the 3rd gen's came into being in '93.

Originally posted by Morr
                I've seen those before, looks like an owners handbook rather than a workshop manual. One thing that seems curious to me tho, is that it covers from 93-01, that would mean it covers 2 completly different models ! Seems a bit odd, as anything covering 93-95 should also cover the earlier ones.
                If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Handbooks

JPNZ web site.

I have looked at this site and my thanks to NIFTYNEV for Info. The two books look the same as the one on ebay. I would like to say to ROB is this Handbook usefull to you and is it worth the money.
                  I would like to know how to set the barometer as well service schedule ect,

Alan

Comment

I bought a Gregory's manual in Oz, No. 521, this covers Hilux but not Surf. I bought it because it covers the 3Litre engine which none of the others seemed to. It mentions the 5L and 5LE, but I don't know if it will be any use for my Surf when I get it. My Surfs model is KZN185, but I don't know what the engine [ 3Litre Intercooled ] number is. It may be crap, in which case it will go on Ebay.
                    John
                    http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

JPNZ web site.

I have looked at this site and my thanks to NIFTYNEV for Info. The two books look the same as the one on ebay. I would like to say to ROB is this Handbook usefull to you and is it worth the money.
                      I would like to know how to set the barometer as well service schedule ect,

Alan
                      Not sure if its worth the money - it depends how you feel and how much you can figure out for yourself. Most things in the surf are quite obvious but it does have a couple of things in there which I didn't realise. It's got all the usual stuff like starting the engine, adjusting seats, lights, locks spare wheel etc. Also covers draining the fuel filter, checking levels, checking (not how to actually adjust) the adjustment of the clutch, handbrake, footbrake; oil and coolant capcities, field monitor (the compass and barometer thing), 4WD system.....and more.
                      I'm the curious type and always want to know what, why, how etc so I'm glad I bought it!
                      Was £20.25 including delivery when I bought it.
                      If you want to know anything specific from the manual let me know and I'll try to scan the relevant pages for you.

Cheers
                      Rob

Comment

What I want to know Rob as you've got a 96 SSR-G like what I'm collecting next week is........What towbar does it take?
                        Mine is a July 96 SSR-G Intercooler.

John
                        http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Uhm, I have no idea cos I don't have one.
                          I've just been searching on the old forum and a couple of people said that a towbar for a Land Cruiser Colorado LWB (1996-2002) should fit fine as it has the same chassis as the 3rd gen surf/4runner. The Witter part number is TY107a if that's any help.

Who's actually got a tow bar on their 3rd gen?

Edit: See post 6 on this thread
                          www.towsure.com - I think a TY468e would be the right one.
                          Last edited by Rob; 14 November 2003, 00:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                            Uhm, I have no idea cos I don't have one.
                            I've just been searching on the old forum and a couple of people said that a towbar for a Land Cruiser Colorado LWB (1996-2002) should fit fine as it has the same chassis as the 3rd gen surf/4runner. The Witter part number is TY107a if that's any help.

Who's actually got a tow bar on their 3rd gen?

Edit: See post 6 on this thread
                            www.towsure.com - I think a TY468e would be the right one.

I'm fairly sure thats the p/n I used, I had posted about it but it got lost when the board had the hicups!

I'll check the number on the bar later.
                            Maurice
                            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Handbook

Thanks for the info Rob, and all the other surfers on this matter
                              I will buy this handbook just for the hell of it.

(To keep a pet you must look after it)

cheers all

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X