Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Maurice, have you had a look yet??

John
    http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Just a few days ago I was in Halfords and decided to check out the Haynes book list on the shelf, it covers most things that you expect to find but not our beloved Surf/4runner....however at the back of the list it has American Haynes manuals, there it was THE HOLY GRAIL a manual on LN130 Hilux Surfs YIPEEEE! I bought one.

It arrived and ...wait for it...This manual does not cover diesel engines BOO HOO!

Undetered I pestered the young chap at the parts counted untill he reached into his drawers (stop it) and pulled out his (ooh matron) Haynes publishing catalogue 2003, in here are all the manuals that they publish anywhere in the world...

Haynes Australia do a LN130 diesel manual and I asked the nice young man to send back my USA manual and get me the Australian one. I will report later when I get it, has anyone else seen it?
      How much!

Comment

manuals surf

try GROUP20 AT sales@group20.co.uk for manuals on early model surf:ssr,ssrx.ssrg,ssrv 1989-1993
        late models 5VZ-FE 3RZ-FE 1KZ-TE 1993-1997

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Surfer
          I bought a Gregory's manual in Oz, No. 521, this covers Hilux but not Surf. I bought it because it covers the 3Litre engine which none of the others seemed to. It mentions the 5L and 5LE, but I don't know if it will be any use for my Surf when I get it. My Surfs model is KZN185, but I don't know what the engine [ 3Litre Intercooled ] number is. It may be crap, in which case it will go on Ebay.
          John
          It's only a guess, but is it for a 3.0 litre diesel engine or the 3.0 v6 petrol?
          www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

SSRG 3.0 Hilux Surf

Here is a link for Witter towbars if it helps anyone.
            http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/towbars/price_list.aspx

Comment

I have the JPNZ Aussie translation Handbook. It does cover several models and is very useful for those invaluable Jap tips like "Do not throw cigarette ends out of the window, they are harmful to our environment". To be honest this site is far more useful. The handbook, is not exactly wrong but can be very misleading especially when describing use of overdrive and 4WD.
              Yes! It's still in the garage. M1ROD

Comment

Towbar for 3rd Gen

I posted some details of the towbar that I fitted to my 1997 3rd Gen back in June. It was easy to fit and I am very pleased with it.
                I would thoroughly recommend Towequipe.
                This is the link to my original post (I hope!!)
                http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...39&postcount=2
                Keith

Comment

DIY Maintenance

Confused? Yes. Starting from scratch and never owned a deisel or any other 4x4, {retiring early and going caravaning) I would like to "try" and do my own servicing. Please can a kind person, point me in the right direction for a book on my (collecting this week) 97 SSRX 3.0 TD.
                  It's good to have friends with a common interest. :
                  Regards Colin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                    Not sure if its worth the money - it depends how you feel and how much you can figure out for yourself. Most things in the surf are quite obvious but it does have a couple of things in there which I didn't realise. It's got all the usual stuff like starting the engine, adjusting seats, lights, locks spare wheel etc. Also covers draining the fuel filter, checking levels, checking (not how to actually adjust) the adjustment of the clutch, handbrake, footbrake; oil and coolant capcities, field monitor (the compass and barometer thing), 4WD system.....and more.
                    I'm the curious type and always want to know what, why, how etc so I'm glad I bought it!
                    Was £20.25 including delivery when I bought it.
                    If you want to know anything specific from the manual let me know and I'll try to scan the relevant pages for you.

Cheers
                    Rob
                    If anyone is looking for one of these I bought 2 by mistake(dumb eh!) and would like to sell one - it cost £20 - to recoup some cash. It is for a 3rd gen, or 93-2001 as they insist on printing on the handbook.

Just email me with your offer, if you are interested.
                    Live for Today

Comment

how did you go with that book? I am in Australia and could not find one for the LN130. I have a 95 LN130 with the 3.0 Turbo Diesel and had to get a Toyota Prado Manual (Ellery Publishing EPT034) that covered the 1KZ-TE 3.0 Litre engine but none of the other aspects of the vehicle like drive train, diffs etc.
                      I really would like the Manual so it covers the auto gearbox for my model.

Cheers,
                      Chris.

Originally posted by waveydavey
                      Just a few days ago I was in Halfords and decided to check out the Haynes book list on the shelf, it covers most things that you expect to find but not our beloved Surf/4runner....however at the back of the list it has American Haynes manuals, there it was THE HOLY GRAIL a manual on LN130 Hilux Surfs YIPEEEE! I bought one.

It arrived and ...wait for it...This manual does not cover diesel engines BOO HOO!

Undetered I pestered the young chap at the parts counted untill he reached into his drawers (stop it) and pulled out his (ooh matron) Haynes publishing catalogue 2003, in here are all the manuals that they publish anywhere in the world...

Haynes Australia do a LN130 diesel manual and I asked the nice young man to send back my USA manual and get me the Australian one. I will report later when I get it, has anyone else seen it?
                      WTF Newbie surfer? Been surfing since 1996!

Comment

The manual is just as good as any other Haynes I have ever read and does cover all aspects of the Surf, Serial No92736 title Toyota Hi-Lux & 4Runner (diesel) 1979 thru 1996 2wd and 4wd Series LN, It really did help when I had to change my head!
                        Have fun.
                        How much!

Comment

Great thanks heaps mate. That maybe just the book I need. Oh and I typoed the car is a 94 not 95. I will drop into a 4x4 store and grab one.

Oh as a side note, apparently the 2.4L Surfs were notorious for doing heads (here at least due to Australia's hot weather conditions), has the same been happening in the UK?

Cheers,
                          Chris.

Originally posted by waveydavey
                          The manual is just as good as any other Haynes I have ever read and does cover all aspects of the Surf, Serial No92736 title Toyota Hi-Lux & 4Runner (diesel) 1979 thru 1996 2wd and 4wd Series LN, It really did help when I had to change my head!
                          Have fun.
                          WTF Newbie surfer? Been surfing since 1996!

Comment

Ping

http://www.haynes.com.au/category167_1.htm

Comment

http://www.importhandbooks.co.uk/toyota_form.html

I put this site on another thread.The handbook cost about £24 inc p&p
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I just ordered the Max Ellery/Oz Haynes combo from Amazon. £33.50 or something including delivery to Dublin.

Some long-time members who would probably get by stripping engines even without books have these already, but that's not me. I'll let ye know from an intermediate diy-er's point of view...

Mark
                                :

Comment

Working...
                                X