Rear coil lift over 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear coil lift over 2"

Seen as I havent noticed anyone mention this before around here, I suppose I should.

Reading on another forum I've found that instead of going for +2" springs in the rear to eliminate butt sag and do the "2 inch suspension lift", you can instead go for a direct 3" to 4" lift by installing J80 series (land cruiser) coils. This would be the top of the range LC which roughly corresponds to the years of the 2nd gen surf. Lucky owns one. Apparently they are a straight swop in.

You need extended brake lines and a panhard job done but thats it. A number of people including the recently re-arrested Delboy (he's back in the hospice for the bewildered ) werent happy with the lift the +2" coils give so maybe this is worth a try.....

Originally posted by JimL
    Lucky owns one. Apparently they are a straight swop in.
    shhh, he won't let me near it cos of the lockers, if he find out I need the coils as well i'll have no chance.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Nice. maybe the brake hoses will fit as well????

Comment

Found more,

http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.p...ask=view&id=45
        Holy flip $239 for 2 control arms thats outrageous. Maybe this setup is exactly what you get for the rear in a 4" suspension lift from LA Supertrux, anyone??

Comment

You got me thinking now!
          Are these the springs????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Comment

As ive posted already i'm getting 'cruiser 80 rear coils for my 1994 Surf from Millners for £40, luckily ive got an adjustable rod so i should get a good lift and the back end shouldnt sag so much when load is in......

Will report back when its done
            3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

I can't wait to see what your back end looks like.

Er, of your truck that is, ahem.

Comment

If you lift the rear 2", by using longer springs, you crank up the torsion bars by an equal amount. How do you raise the front 3"? Just curious.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                  If you lift the rear 2", by using longer springs, you crank up the torsion bars by an equal amount. How do you raise the front 3"? Just curious.
                  Well there's always the option of raising the front using balljoint spacers like delboy has, helps keep the rest of the front geometry closer to stock too.
                  Maurice
                  Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                    Well there's always the option of raising the front using balljoint spacers like delboy has, helps keep the rest of the front geometry closer to stock too.
                    Have a look here.

http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.p...highlight=lift
                    Jez

Comment

Working...
                    X