Lifted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emailed and spoken to Supertrux....

They say the springs are not progressive. They are going to show the photos to a fitter and get back to me. They says they could be like that to take into account "droop" when wheel travel downwards.....(over a hole etc. when off road) not sure I'm convinced, 1-2 coils maybe, but not 4.

Anyone else recently fitted these springs from Supertrux?

Comment

What happened here and what did they say? They do not look right to me!!!! at all !!!!
      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
        Emailed and spoken to Supertrux....

They say the springs are not progressive. They are going to show the photos to a fitter and get back to me. They says they could be like that to take into account "droop" when wheel travel downwards.....(over a hole etc. when off road) not sure I'm convinced, 1-2 coils maybe, but not 4.

Anyone else recently fitted these springs from Supertrux?
        I know this post is 8 months old, but to answer your question, I've fitted lots of LA S's lift springs as they are normally better than Procomp ones, and they don't normally look like that. Not the lift coils anyway, they also sell stock springs, and heavy duty stock height springs, may be a set of them.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
          Here's the photos - they just don't look right to me
          You may have found out the situation already, but I was told mine had the 20% stronger springs when I bought it and they look exactly like yours.
          Brian

Comment

The springs I fitted to mine look exactly like the photos - top 3 coils bound with no (extra) load in the back. They came from LAS and they are made by an Aussie firm called Dobinsons. They are supposed to be 2" lift, standard rate and they are progressive. I agree that they don't look right but they do seem to work - although the ride isn't as good as my old Explorer ones.

The one thing that worries me slightly is that I contacted Dobinsons for a comparison between these springs and the LC80 rears that lots of people recommend fitting. They advised not to try it as the LC80 springs would give a 6" lift - I guess they know what they're talking about but that doesn't tie in with what I've read about them.
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Definitely not 6", just measured mine, and from the wheel arch lip to the centre of the wheel, is 24.5" on the rear,(LC,HD80 springs) and 23" on the front (standard torsion bars cranked up)

Comment

I gained about 5" fitting the 'cruiser springs!!!

but my old ones were proper sha**ed, beautiful ride now though, well impressed.
                Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
                  I gained about 5" fitting the 'cruiser springs!!!

but my old ones were proper sha**ed, beautiful ride now though, well impressed.
                  worth doing then?? got any piccys??
                  CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

They look bent too. There is more of a gap one side at the top than the other.

Comment

Working...
                    X