customs & excise form for veg oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philip
    Of course only using 5% mix same as Lancs Frying Squad, (not me said that, Sunday Times front page) and of course working from home, will probably only use about 10ltrs oil a month. Hm. As some of you know i am the Fuel Cat man, next week we are testing a unit which should help to pre heat fuel before pump, so making viscosity lower. Tony is involved with me in this, so will let you know soon.
    Off to letter box now. Wonder what neighbours will say, when they see me filling up with Asda's finest at 43p. Cleared the shelf the other day.
    Philip
    Doing 5% is easy, just fill up where Tesco have Global Diesel - that's a 5% mix at the pump and therefore has no effect on warranty.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi,

just been reading up on this, and EX103, and came across this:-

"3.6 What about VAT?
      The supply of a fuel substitute is chargeable with VAT at the standard rate on the excise duty inclusive price of the substitute. More information is given in Notice 701/19 Fuel and Power."

VAT has already been charged at the standard rate on the diesel and on the veggie oil (the substitute). I read the statement above to mean that you have to pay VAT on the 27.1ppl excise duty (that's another 4.74ppl), or have I misunderstood?

Cheers

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by naphar
        Hi,

just been reading up on this, and EX103, and came across this:-

"3.6 What about VAT?
        The supply of a fuel substitute is chargeable with VAT at the standard rate on the excise duty inclusive price of the substitute. More information is given in Notice 701/19 Fuel and Power."

VAT has already been charged at the standard rate on the diesel and on the veggie oil (the substitute). I read the statement above to mean that you have to pay VAT on the 27.1ppl excise duty (that's another 4.74ppl), or have I misunderstood?

Cheers

Neil
        That wouldn't suprise me one bit...........scamming bar stewards............won't make much difference shortly tho.................when the've added vat on food.

Comment

got my first lot of oil from costca so no VAT to pay on food. come on C&E wheres my entrance form!
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            Call 0208 929 0152, if that doesn't work 0845 010 9000 and they (HM Customs & Excise National Advice Service) will help you get the forms.

Bullet changing to be veggie ? hmmmmmmm rename to rabbit coming up !!!

Trev
            Can you apply online?

Comment

Originally posted by coastguard999
              Can you apply online?
              As far as I know you can, but I used the good old dog and bone

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                As far as I know you can, but I used the good old dog and bone

Trev
                IMHO quicker to use the phone - i emailed them with no reply. How long does it take to get 'entered'? Might be on my veggie trials in time for the camp out
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                X