Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UDTrev
    Black sheep ??????

Good job the Hippo already got treated... or she might have come home purple, or pink or something.... :grrrrrr: :angry bullet: : not good:
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Clarification?

I spoke to the C&E NAS yesterday, and asked about getting form EX103.

They told me something I've not noticed on the forum yet... and it maybe because I asked the wrong (or dumb) questions. The upshot was:

If you produce (and use) your own biodiesel, the duty is 27.1p per litre.
      If you use anything as a fuel alternative, the duty is 47.1p.

The inference being, that if you buy vegetable oil from a supermarket and dump it directly into your tank, you are replacing diesel with an alternative. And therefore the full duty is payable.

Anyone care to comment? Is this right or wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob_steele
        I spoke to the C&E NAS yesterday, and asked about getting form EX103.

They told me something I've not noticed on the forum yet... and it maybe because I asked the wrong (or dumb) questions. The upshot was:

If you produce (and use) your own biodiesel, the duty is 27.1p per litre.
        If you use anything as a fuel alternative, the duty is 47.1p.

The inference being, that if you buy vegetable oil from a supermarket and dump it directly into your tank, you are replacing diesel with an alternative. And therefore the full duty is payable.

Anyone care to comment? Is this right or wrong?
        Create bioblend (Blending bio with dino) = 27.1p

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
          Good job the Hippo already got treated... or she might have come home purple, or pink or something.... :grrrrrr: :angry bullet: : not good:
          ok, time for option #3

Black Rhino ?

Trev

ps don't remind m of p**k, there's a Honda Jazz near home, it's metallic pink with pink feathr boas in it

Trev

Comment

with the levels of taxation already in place in this country i find it hard to believe that people are telling the taxman that they are running veggy and asking how much do i owe you,

as i already stated the only thing the taxman,s getting of me is the finger

ship

Comment

Originally posted by ship
              as i already stated the only thing the taxman,s getting of me is the finger

ship
              ...and some serious cash when you get knackered for running on illegal fuel. same as using red diesel on the road.
              your choice but i need to drive for work so I could do without them compounding the car

for the form I put whatever firefly said and I sent it off today - even bought me 40l of oil (£17.80) which on normal 27.1p/l tax (i hope! my form is right!!!) eqauls 71p/l which at the moments high prices is cheap.

i said on the form i will be creating bioblend from diesel and veg oil.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                ...and some serious cash when you get knackered for running on illegal fuel. same as using red diesel on the road.
                your choice but i need to drive for work so I could do without them compounding the car

for the form I put whatever firefly said and I sent it off today - even bought me 40l of oil (£17.80) which on normal 27.1p/l tax (i hope! my form is right!!!) eqauls 71p/l which at the moments high prices is cheap.

i said on the form i will be creating bioblend from diesel and veg oil.

yea fair enuf, but i do a limited mileage and probably don,t save much by using veggy but it,s the principle of the whole thing, those in power want us all to go green and then tax us for it, sorry but f*** that, and besides who,s to say who filled the tank, multiple users etc: sorry to say that the more people who declare thier use of veggy to the C@E only shows an acceptance of yet another unjust taxation

just my opinion, no offence meant to anyone,

ship

Comment

Originally posted by ship
                  yea fair enuf, but i do a limited mileage and probably don,t save much by using veggy but it,s the principle of the whole thing, those in power want us all to go green and then tax us for it, sorry but f*** that, and besides who,s to say who filled the tank, multiple users etc: sorry to say that the more people who declare thier use of veggy to the C@E only shows an acceptance of yet another unjust taxation

just my opinion, no offence meant to anyone,

ship
                  Well said Ship I totally agree...but... the only real way to avoid the total tax implication is to not tell c&e how much veg oil you are using per month.

Ther only reason for redging the car as using bio fuel is to save the big hammer £££££ if the exhaust pipe/fuel tank/curious copper with a taste for fish & chips ever checked.
                  If i'm saving 20p a litre tax when running veg then thats 20p in my pocket and equates to approx another 6 miles per gallon fuel/tax free ............which will make me feel just a little bit better knowing that in my own small way i am sticking my finger up at the taxman.

Thats on the veg that I intend to declare (the full amount obviously )

Comment

I know this questionhas been repeated over and again through the forum. But I think it needs to be added to the FAQ's as I couldn't find a straight answer so here goes!

Can I really put (about) half vegetable oil and half diesel into my totally unmodified surf 2.4?

I know about the Gov't forms etc, but just need to know a simple yes or no to the modifications

Comment

Originally posted by coastguard999
                      I know this questionhas been repeated over and again through the forum. But I think it needs to be added to the FAQ's as I couldn't find a straight answer so here goes!

Can I really put (about) half vegetable oil and half diesel into my totally unmodified surf 2.4?

I know about the Gov't forms etc, but just need to know a simple yes or no to the modifications
                      In the wamer half of the year - yes, some consideration is required when it gets colder as veg oil thickens at a higher temp to diesel.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        In the wamer half of the year - yes, some consideration is required when it gets colder as veg oil thickens at a higher temp to diesel.

Trev
                        so about 70% diesel to 30% veg is pretty much OK?

Comment

I think from what Ive read 70/30 diesel/veg will be ok this time of year. In wamer months i think it would be ok to do the reverse? At least Im hoping?

No offence taken Ship, winds me up too that the second I stick something in the car instead of the fryer I have to pay tax but I need to cover my back somewhat for that 'just in case' piece of mind as I do a fair bit of driving.... Murpheys law and all that.
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                            I think from what Ive read 70/30 diesel/veg will be ok this time of year. In wamer months i think it would be ok to do the reverse? At least Im hoping?

No offence taken Ship, winds me up too that the second I stick something in the car instead of the fryer I have to pay tax but I need to cover my back somewhat for that 'just in case' piece of mind as I do a fair bit of driving.... Murpheys law and all that.
                            Did you think that the 'Revenue' would leave a back door open to bypass paying duty ?

There is more chance of finding Hens Teeth !!!!!!!!!

Trev

ps would I be the first to wonder about frying in diesel ?

Comment

Just filled my form in.

Of course only using 5% mix same as Lancs Frying Squad, (not me said that, Sunday Times front page) and of course working from home, will probably only use about 10ltrs oil a month. Hm. As some of you know i am the Fuel Cat man, next week we are testing a unit which should help to pre heat fuel before pump, so making viscosity lower. Tony is involved with me in this, so will let you know soon.
                              Off to letter box now. Wonder what neighbours will say, when they see me filling up with Asda's finest at 43p. Cleared the shelf the other day.
                              Philip
                              Still Searching,
                              Dick Whittington

Comment

I completely agree with the comments of why should we pay Tax on the veg as we are in essence doing exactly what responsible motorists should be doing and that’s using a non earth killing fuel, at the end of the day the g,ment would tax you for crapping if they could get away with it, so the best ploy is to get a form fill it in and pay your dues obviously it is up to an individual how precise he/she wants to be with the amount of litres they use in their truck every month, me I will be paying every penny they ask for and that is thus dependant on how much I use!!!!!! Get the picture, and in doing this I will be abiding by the law and as in the words of a famous character cushdy.
                                if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Working...
                                X