Brackets For Body Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brackets For Body Lift

have been trawling the search function on this for hours and am now a little confused im thinking of buying a 2" suspension kit and fitting myself from previous posts i gather this is not to hard im also going to get a 1.5" body lift kit but i understand you need to make some brackets for the rad and bumper does anybody have any pics or info on what these look like so i know what i need to get made also does anyone know wether after this is done ill be able to fit 33" tyres or do i have to go for 31" cheers

If you ask TONYN very nicely he may make you some.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
      have been trawling the search function on this for hours and am now a little confused im thinking of buying a 2" suspension kit and fitting myself from previous posts i gather this is not to hard im also going to get a 1.5" body lift kit but i understand you need to make some brackets for the rad and bumper does anybody have any pics or info on what these look like so i know what i need to get made also does anyone know wether after this is done ill be able to fit 33" tyres or do i have to go for 31" cheers
      Can you drop TonyN a email with your contact details as you have emails turned off in your profile. He can sort out the brackets for you for a very reasonable rate...

With a 2" susp and 1.5" bosy lift 32" should be ok, but 33's will still be tight (depending on the rims you have) Mike66 has a 4" susp lift and is still having problems with his 33's rubbing.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Do you think TonyN would like to make a batch of these for us people who want to attack body lifts ourselves? I'm not too bad with a hacksaw and a drill, but it's nice to have the brackets there and then, so at least the truck can be used sonner!!
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
          Do you think TonyN would like to make a batch of these for us people who want to attack body lifts ourselves? I'm not too bad with a hacksaw and a drill, but it's nice to have the brackets there and then, so at least the truck can be used sonner!!
          If anyone has the design(s) (I might make a universal one?) for 1-3" body lift bumper and rad lowering brackets I can get them stamped out in stainless fairly cheap. We'll need to make a run of at least 50 sets to make it worth it. Same goes for the body lift blocks (not stamped out but CNC machined from Delrin).

Nevillef

Comment

once you got all those made if you want to try a set out on my surf, im only local, i could pop round if its easier for you...
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
              Thats the plan....

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

If you buy the body lift from Roger Brown in the US, not only does he sell them at a reasonable price but includes all the brackets you need if you buy the full kit.

Cheers

Comment

Anyone got any details of how to get hold of the Roger Brown kit?

Also is it ok to combine 1" or 2" body lift with a 2" suspension lift?

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
                    Anyone got any details of how to get hold of the Roger Brown kit?

Also is it ok to combine 1" or 2" body lift with a 2" suspension lift?
                    Rogers goodies are available thru his website

Combining body and suspension lifts is quite common as it can give you the combined benefits of both, ie increased clearance, ability to run larger diameter tyres, improved approach and departure angles while minimising raising the centre of gravity and straining such components as your CV joints.
                    Maurice
                    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                      If you buy the body lift from Roger Brown in the US, not only does he sell them at a reasonable price but includes all the brackets you need if you buy the full kit.

Cheers
                      His kits and advice are very good.

Trouble is the blocks & brackets (easy to get made in UK) and long bolts required (easy to buy) weigh a tonne making shipping costs a bit silly (more than the actual components by UPS!!).

So what we probably ought to do between us is get a batch made here in the UK. The attached picture is my first attempt at a 2" lift block kit (I'm being quoted for a larger batch of 100 blocks on Monday). The material cost for 60mm dia Delrin (Acetal) rod is around £25 - £30/m (+machining). The 200mm long M12 stainless bolts are around £2 each (or Zinc plated would be cheaper)

Then Tony can start a body lift fitting service!!!

Nevillef
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by laser_jock@work; 8 April 2005, 13:14.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me, I'll hold off doing anything for while. Fitting the body lift seems pretty strightforward form what I read. Anyone got any pointers?

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                          His kits and advice are very good.

Trouble is the blocks & brackets (easy to get made in UK) and long bolts required (easy to buy) weigh a tonne making shipping costs a bit silly (more than the actual components by UPS!!).

So what we probably ought to do between us is get a batch made here in the UK. The attached picture is my first attempt at a 2" lift block kit (I'm being quoted for a larger batch of 100 blocks on Monday). The material cost for 60mm dia Delrin (Acetal) rod is around £25 - £30/m (+machining). The 200mm long M12 stainless bolts are around £2 each (or Zinc plated would be cheaper)

Then Tony can start a body lift fitting service!!!

Nevillef

Nev - Tony's going to be making these as well as fitting, check out your PM's under the other login...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

body lift

Originally posted by Linda
                            Nev - Tony's going to be making these as well as fitting, check out your PM's under the other login...

did Tony ever make these?

If so how much?

I'll take a set!

Comment

the bumper brackets are easy... just a piece of metal with 2 holes to bolt to body and 2 to bolt to bumper... obviously spaced apart the same as your lift kit.

i didn't use the rad drop bracket... just removed the shroud from the rad so the fan didn't hit.

there's a limit to the extension of the steering column on the 2nd gen as it has a splined sliding joint... (think anything getting towards 2" or more needs a spacer there too.)... 3rd gen has a different steering setup so needs a spacer anyway, max 1.5" for the bolt in spacer (i have a 2" one if needed for pattern) otherwise you'll need to remove the column and get a section added.
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X