No announcement yet.

overdrive on autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK! O/D on as its like a 5th gear on the Motorway. O/D off around town.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

o/d off when pulling away. o/d on once cruising speed is reached, whatever it may be. That's probably why I get 28MPG. Sorry- have I mentioned that before?

I really ought to buy one with a manual box.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

O/D on all the time.
        Can't for the life of me see the point in turning it off in the town. it dont engage till i'm doing about 55mph and as has been said it's like an extra gear at the top of the box.
        turning it off in town is like saying you dont use 5th on a manual. well of course you dont you dont go quick enough.
        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Mines on all the time,my ect dont seem to work never has done nothing on dash no hanging on the gears any suggestions 2.4 ssrx auto
          Originally posted by Greebo
          O/D on all the time.
          Can't for the life of me see the point in turning it off in the town. it dont engage till i'm doing about 55mph and as has been said it's like an extra gear at the top of the box.
          turning it off in town is like saying you dont use 5th on a manual. well of course you dont you dont go quick enough.

Comment

28 Mpg

I get about 27 mpg O/D on all the time all motorway driving is this normal ? ive always wondered
            Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            o/d off when pulling away. o/d on once cruising speed is reached, whatever it may be. That's probably why I get 28MPG. Sorry- have I mentioned that before?

I really ought to buy one with a manual box.

Comment

:
              O/D on all the time.
              I'm in complete agreement with Greebo as mine also comes in a 55 mph and if you can reach 55 round town I want to come and live where you live.
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

At 55mph the torque converter locks up, but overdrive comes in a lot earlier that that.

Comment

O/D on all the time.
                  We never touch ours, O/D stays on, ECT stays off. If I want change gears I'll use the 4Runner.

Unless I'm bored in traffic, then I like the making the little lights flash...

:Homer voice: light goes on-light goes off-light goes on-light goes off-etc, etc :/Homer voice:

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

O/D on ECT off
                    Rick

Comment

I'm with Homer - sorry Tony - I leave the lights off. The only one i have lit-up is the green suspension one as the Surf takes the corners better. Did i mention I get 25 mpg too this way?

sitting in traffic jams - i try to get the dash lights to flash in time to the cd player - great fun!
                      Dave

Comment

O/D on all the time.
                        Selecting o/d on my surf makes the indicated revs drop at whatever speed I am doing. Surely having the o/d on all the time is putting extra strain on the engine and auto box. But then the box won't want to change up until it's ready anyway. I also find that switching off the o/d also increases the engine braking, similar to changing down in a manual, in conditions when you don't want to jump on the foot brake. Will I wear out the o/d relay if I am constantly on and off? Does it make you go blind?
                        Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 6 April 2005, 14:09.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by hang ten
                          thanx you guys for your replies. Like the picture of the bully shelly, I had to have mine put to sleep about 3 weeks ago. ( he was 15 and a half though ) he did real good.
                          ah, sorry bout ur bully, i lost Ellie Jan 13th (thats the 1 in the pic), but got Gracie who's 17wks, and Alfie nearly 5, but he lives with the ex, but i stil get to show him,
                          good luck if u get another 1, as i no they r hard work.
                          lets go get dirty...

Comment

O/d

Originally posted by hang ten
                            Hi
                            I have recently bought a surf 3.0 auto ssr-x ltd. So far I absolutly love it. Even though I have got a translated owners manual I think it slightly contradicts itself. Regarding the overdrive on/off button when should or should I use it please.

Ta
                            Mines only on some of the time,the rest of the time it,s on all of the time

Comment

Originally posted by surfin
                              Mines only on some of the time,the rest of the time it,s on all of the time
                              ?????????????
                              Maurice
                              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                                ?????????????
                                So am I ..

Comment

Working...
                                X