• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda
    Not us we're going rock crawling
    Ok, you can stop reminding us now
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Count me and Steve in again. We'll tag along with Pops.

Its only up road from us. 15 min drive away.

NO CAMPERS ON MY LAWN WITHOUT BOOKING AND PAYING IN ADVANCE
      Xx Emzie xX

Comment

Originally posted by Icklejes
        Count me and Steve in again. We'll tag along with Pops.

Its only up road from us. 15 min drive away.

NO CAMPERS ON MY LAWN WITHOUT BOOKING AND PAYING IN ADVANCE
        its bit further than that now emma check out jotto post with new location for it bit more than 15mins from yours now babe
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

at least here we can get proper melton mowbry pies mmmmmm
          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Work permitting, I'll be there!! Just seem to remember Matt threatening to go rabbit chasing last time I said that! I take it I'll be safe Slug Man!!??
            Nige...............

Anything you can do.......i

Comment

Hi Jon and all your fellow Surf'ers. Yep, thought I'd register and let you know what's going on 'from the horse's mouth' so to speak.

Yep, the rumours were true - Kirton Quarry is to close. "OFF-ROAD UK" has therefore been forced to move to a new location.

The event website will be updated in the next couple of days, meanwhile please read the following Press Release released to the media Fri 20th May:-

START

“OFF-ROAD UK” scheduled for 20th – 21st August 2005, the weekend before August Bank Holiday, the all-marques Lincolnshire-based off-road event that supersedes the National 4x4 Show has been forced to move venue from Kirton Quarry near Lincoln to Stainby Quarry near Grantham.

Organiser Tom McGuigan explains - “Like a lot of sites these days, the owners of Kirton Quarry realised that off-roading could be the answer to derelict land by providing an income. Subsequently, greed reared its ugly head resulting in the resident off-road centre’s annual rent being tripled at a stroke to £36,000! The outcome? Clearly impossible to pay the additional charges, there are no winners for the quarry is due to close in June”.

Fortunately for “OFF-ROAD UK” enthusiast Jon Weston came to the rescue by providing the replacement venue at Stainby Quarry Nr. Colsterworth, Lincs NG33 5QP. Located on the B676 just off the Grantham-Stamford section of the A1 [OS grid ref. 491049,323025] it is approx. 8 miles south of Grantham, 24 miles north west of Peterborough, 11 miles east of Melton Mowbray.

Featuring all the old favourites such as a 200ft Mud Run (free), easy/medium/hard off-road courses (unlimited access 1-day ticket £15 or 2-day ticket £25), off-road passenger rides, trade stands, Land Rover and 4x4 autojumble, radio control 4x4 models, club displays, military vehicle displays and classic commercials, “OFF-ROAD UK” welcomes all ‘road legal’ Land Rovers, Jap 4x4’s, Jeeps, quads and all-wheel-drive trucks. Day admission £6 adult, £2 child (under 16 yrs) 10am – 5pm Sat & Sun.

Log on to www. national4x4show.com or phone 01406 493144 / 07958 216266 for camping, club member's discounts, trade or day admission details.

END

As for anyone who has already booked, I shall be writing to everybody over the next few days giving them the choice of moving to the new venue, or if now too far, reimbursing their booking fee in full. Also, as the Stainby prices are all lower (day visitors / camping / off-road course) they may even be entitled to a slight rebate! Every cloud?

Had a chat with Steve Wells (proprietor of Tomcat Motorsport / Lincs LRC / LRM journalist / etc.) at LRO Driffield Show and he reckons Stainby Quarry is okay. Obviously it's not as big as Kirton (baring the wilds of Scotland or Wales nothing I have seen that's accessible in the UK is as big as Kirton) but more than good enough for an off-road bash!

Thanks for letting me inform folks via this forum.

Comment

welcome to the forum tom we booked for kirton and we deffo coming to the new location too looking 4ward to it
                Pops

Comment

may well day trip it up there, not silly mileage away - sounds like a good day out!
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Good to hear it. Hey Jon, just to confirm everything I'm popping some stuff in the post (snail mail) Friday. Anything else, just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Mc
                      Good to hear it. Hey Jon, just to confirm everything I'm popping some stuff in the post (snail mail) Friday. Anything else, just ask.
                      got the good news bad news snail mail tom
                      still coming so do we get some tickets or just turn up with the ole tent on the weekend and someone will know we are coming and paid up
                      Pops

Comment

OH POO

Maybe we might maybe we won't depends on Steve. Diff now it further away!
                        Xx Emzie xX

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Mc

Thanks for keeping us up to date Tom.

Come on there must be more of you who are going to come to this??

The surf Forum has got a club stand here so could do with a bit more support just to show the l**d Ro**rs boys and girls that they are not the best4x4xfar We had a great time last year so come along and put some face's to names have a few beers and a BBq, and lets not forget the mud run and the offroading, plenty for every one including the kids.
                          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Mrs TM and I should be there for the Sunday, all being well.

Derek

Comment

The Club Display Stand passes will be mailed to you approx. 4 weeks before the event.

Funny you should mention Land Rover drivers, for it was mentioned on a quite a few occassions both at the time and since what a good turn out you had at the show last year. Certainly made a few sit up and take notice that's for sure!

LR may still be the best selling 4x4 in the UK, but nowadays they have'nt got it all their own way as in the past. Variety is the spice of life, besides, tounge in cheek of course, we have to be able to extract the urine of each other or what's the point? The Suzuki mob have been winding them up for years with their lightweight 'go anywhere' vehicles (haven't their clubs grown of lateby the way?) now its your turn with the extremely capable Surf.

See you in August!

Comment

Horray - the www.national4x4show.com website has now been updated with latest details of camping and admission about OFF-ROAD UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X