Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danger - Direct Line insurance

Hiya Guys

Have you got you Surf insured with Direct Line ??? I have !!!

I needed to make a claim (first claim in 20+ years), all I have had is real agro from them. Their engineer decided to make an issue out of the fact that my Surf (like yours) is an import. He would not give the bodyshop the go ahead. It has taken me hours on the phone (ranting & raving), speaking with different people trying to make some sense of the situation. At last tonight, after talking with a supervisor, they are now going to proceed with the repair.

If your policy is with them (Direct Line) contact them to make sure you are insured, and if you need to make a claim they will honour it - GET IT IN WRITING. They are likely to waste your time and money making excuses and not pay out. Let me know how you get on.

If you are not insured with them, then DON'T bother using them.

Best of luck

Vic.........
    Last edited by TBIRDVIC; 30 March 2005, 20:41.

They wouldn't get my custom anyway, they once tried to charge me £1000 to insure a 10 yr old vauxhall cavalier third party
    bearing in mind I've been driving for 16 years without incident and hold a full class 1 heavy goods licence.

Andy.

Comment

A neighbour of mine was with them for 8 yrs. She had a hell of a job to get them to pay out after her car was rear ended . When she went to renew they refused to cover her again. Seems once you claim they don't want to know.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Argh! I'm with them.......
        Hope nothing goes wrong and I'll move it next renewal

Comment

call me cynical if you like......
          arent they all gits when it comes to a claim?
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

The first thing ANY insurance company look at if you make a claim is how they can avoid/delay/ NOT pay out.Sounds like Direct line have mastered this art form.
            A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

As an Insurance Engineer/Assessor I resemble those remarks !!! No more helpful advise from me anymore if you have a smack in your truck .

Rick

PS I have an interview with Direct Line next month .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

You don't make any sense

Vagrant I can't understand one word of your reply. None of it makes any sense.

Good luck to you if you really wanna work for a second rate compay like Direct Line.

Comment

I was insured with them when I had a Vauxhall Cavalier, and they were helpfulness itself when I reveresed it into my neighbours parked Merc (my only ever accident in 20 years of motoring). I made 1 phone call and gave them his details. They called him, gave him the name of the Merc garage they approved and paid his bill directly.
                  However, once I changed to a 4x4 they were far too expensive to use for insurance.
                  I feel for your situation, but speak as I find!!
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Indirect Insult

Direct Line, and others like them, are cherry pickers. They only insure what their stats tell them are "good risks". I insured with them from around 1980 to 1990. 2 cars and not a single claim, clean licence etc etc. I went abroad to live and work for a few years and on my return they didnt want to know me, even though I came back with a no claims cert. Trouble with that of course was that some Johnny Foreigner had issued it.
                    My other car is also an import and its left hand drive. They dont even quote on LHD vehicles. All Insurance companies hate paying out of course but it looks like direct line are maybe worse than others. Im surprised they even insured a "grey" such as the Surf.
                    I took a big time huff with them on my return to the UK and retain that huff to this day.
                    I wouldnt insure anything with them because of that and would happily pay more in premiums just to avoid them.
                    Nose, cut, face spite , etc etc. yeah yeah I know but them and plenty others are all over you when taking your premiums , but different animals when you dare try to claim

Rant Over

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

direct line

i had direct line insurence first theygave me a quote of £272 with full claims
                      bonus.so i took it once the direct debit was made on the first month they
                      wrote me a letter to say the insurence was going up to £900 due to
                      being a import even though they knew.and to top it all off because there
                      was not one off there approved alarms on it it would not be insured for
                      theft now i have cancelled it and they will not give me my no claims certificate to my new insurers.by the way i am 38 years old

Comment

Originally posted by TBIRDVIC
                        Vagrant I can't understand one word of your reply. None of it makes any sense.

Good luck to you if you really wanna work for a second rate compay like Direct Line.
                        Good, I never make sense .

I work for a third rate Insurance co at the mo so I can only be doing better .
                        Good luck with your claim .

Rick
                        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                          Good, I never make sense .

I work for a third rate Insurance co at the mo so I can only be doing better .
                          Good luck with your claim .

Rick
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                            They dont even quote on LHD vehicles.
                            Bogus
                            Adrian Flux was the biz for our LHD 4 runner - really helpful and half the quote I got anywhere else. But A Plan are miles better for the Surf... go figure..
                            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that Linda, I shall try them when it comes to renewal time next Nov.

Cheers

Vic........

Comment

Working...
                              X