• Time
  • Show
Clear All

try again!
    Attached Files
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by openback
      nice lift mate, i presume its procomps 4" kit. just one word of warning not wishing to be p*ss on your fire works, i've got the same front end on my ifs truck, keep an eye on the four bump stop drop "brackets" i bent mine being a bit to enthusiastic over the speed bumps near me! then i totaly destroyed them on my first off road trip, this causes the steering knuckle spacers to dent the underside of the upper A arms, bugger! i've now replaced them with new one i made in my shed! if yours aren't bent yet i'd recomend welding some 2"wide steel fully boxing in one side and a shorter length to brace the other side. you need to leave 3/4" or so to allow access to the fittings.
      Thanks for the info re the bump stops - got to go back to LAS - got a horrible clonk from the rear on braking. Thought it was the panhard rod bolt that wasn't tightened up & fell out the other day, but it ain't that. Put a spanner on everything else & seems ok, so at a bit of a loss.
      Also noticed they've split both track rod ball joint rubbers. Maybe done by the place that did the alighnment but as LAS billed me for it, it's down to them.
      They charged me for tyre fitting but didn’t balance the wheels – on the way home I couldn’t go over 50 as the truck was shaking itself to bits. That’s now sorted but another 40 quid! So not entirely happy with the overall job, which wasn’t cheap, & having to go back there is another day off work & a tankful. I’ll push for them to mod the bumpstops for free as a result of the inconvenience.

Have fitted flexy arches as the new wheels/tyres stuck out well beyond the standard grp arches. They were a disgraceful price, but fitted ok. Had to do some chopping to the front mudflaps & the front of the arch. Need to do more to rear of the arch though, & it looks like a bit of hammering might be needed to the front of the inner sill….any comments on this?

Cheers………

Comment

Originally posted by mikey
        it looks like a bit of hammering might be needed to the front of the inner sill….any comments on this?

Cheers………
        I got a big hammer!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          I got a big hammer!

You're up early.....shall I wait 'till sunday then?

Comment

Originally posted by mikey
            You're up early.....shall I wait 'till sunday then?
            Yup!
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X