pics & stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics & stuff

Finally got round to posting a couple of pics after the lift…..a neat job by LA Supertrux. I'm now skint & probably could have bought an old Pajero with what I've spent….so it was worth it then. Would have been nice if they had tightened up the panhard rod bolt after fitting the drop bracket though, as it fell out yesterday, which was exciting for a minute or two.
    Tyres are BFG 33 x 12.5 muds on 10" MT wheels. Tyres make a racket but who cares. Wheels are plastered in vaseline to stop the salt eating them. It seems to work. I've written to Southampton Council & told them that if I wanted salt on my car I would park it in the sea, but I haven't had a reply...
    Ride’s a bit hard but I’ve been told to lump it on a thread I posted the other day..
    Spare wheel now won't go underneath either - too big, so all that cable & other gubbins has been removed. Now pondering on what to do with the spare.

I have a (big) box full of bits to sell & will post a list when i get a minute - amongst other things are a pair of 2 month old +2" rear springs from Roughtrax, & a standard A bar with a pair of new 8" stainless steel spots fitted. I took this off - too much shiny stuff on the front.

Now need to have a play so are there any spaces left for the forthcoming foray to Salisbury Plain?

Cheers…....
    Attached Files

So what exactly did Supertrux do...?

I presume that is their XL kit?

ANd how much did it hurt in the end...? what was the damage...?

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by mikey
      Finally got round to posting a couple of pics after the lift…..a neat job by LA Supertrux. I'm now skint & probably could have bought an old Pajero with what I've spent….so it was worth it then.
      So, how did you get a lift fitted for £10???

Originally posted by mikey
      I have a (big) box full of bits to sell & will post a list when i get a minute - amongst other things are a pair of 2 month old +2" rear springs from Roughtrax
      I might be very interested in these assuming they can be fitted to a 92 Surf with no further modifications - can anyone confirm (I've read that anything over 1.5" needs other mods too)? How much - PM me with details please.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Good looking lift- worth the rough ride!

Nevillef

Comment

if the springs havent already been snapped up i'd definately have them off you!

matt@amedias.co.uk
          Last edited by Amedias; 13 March 2005, 18:42.

Comment

Looks brilliant
            Just a suggestion, how about removing your side steps, It seems to give the illusion the truck has been lifted another couple off inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie

I might be very interested in these assuming they can be fitted to a 92 Surf with no further modifications - can anyone confirm (I've read that anything over 1.5" needs other mods too)? How much - PM me with details please.
              2" is OK on the back, anymore and you need to lower the panhard rod bracket or lenghen the rod to keep the wheels in the middle of the truck.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                2" is OK on the back, anymore and you need to lower the panhard rod bracket or lenghen the rod to keep the wheels in the middle of the truck.

Thanks Tony

OK Mikey, definately interested in the springs.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Looks great Mick. Need to get rid of those side steps though. Make it look even bigger.
                  Derek :
                  1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                  [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Wow..

Looks well nice m8..

good job.

Comment

Looking lovely mate - nice and tidy.

Plenty of space to salisbury plains i think - just pay Danno some money
                      Might be interested in the 8"spots if they are going on sale?
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

nice lift mate, i presume its procomps 4" kit. just one word of warning not wishing to be p*ss on your fire works, i've got the same front end on my ifs truck, keep an eye on the four bump stop drop "brackets" i bent mine being a bit to enthusiastic over the speed bumps near me! then i totaly destroyed them on my first off road trip, this causes the steering knuckle spacers to dent the underside of the upper A arms, bugger! i've now replaced them with new one i made in my shed! if yours aren't bent yet i'd recomend welding some 2"wide steel fully boxing in one side and a shorter length to brace the other side. you need to leave 3/4" or so to allow access to the fittings.
                        Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

I saw my friend Robbies 4" LA lift going on in his bro's workshop the other day and those bumpstop brackets looked vulnerable and weak even to my untrained eye, sounds like your bracing/boxing is well worth doing.

Hes putting a 4" susp lift on and fitting brand new 35" MTs all bought from LAS on top of his 2" already fitted bodylift and hes not too happy with LA supertrux for their lack of advice. First of all the new front driveshaft alignment has the exhaust passing right thru it yet they dont point that out to their customers. Second they dont include a steering stabilizer or even advise that it might be a good idea and apparently it is. Ok maybe Robbie should know but when you are standing in front of them at the counter and have come from overseas you'd think theyd make sure the transaction would cover everything for this customer.

Comment

mixed impressions on LAS allways helpful on phone,BUT did want to charge vat on top of the vat inclusive price explorer uk charged me! fitted kit myself on drive, although i understand rear leaves on truck less comlicated than surfs coils.
                            2nd atempt to post piccy of bump stops, first somewhere in the web!

Comment

well that didn't work!
                              tried again seems file to large, cr@p with computers will try to work out how to reduce file size of picture from dig camera, already set to lowest mode. now got to reduce size on computer
                              ps my truck has a steering stabilizer/damper as standard may be a good source for second hand parts?

Comment

Working...
                              X