No announcement yet.

The Heads Gone !! This Is Why I .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop making me feel bad, i think my head is reconed.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      Well don't let it overheat!

We're not saying they will definatly fail, but all you've got is a repaired standard one, with the same issues as before, ie, they will crack if it gets hot.

The new ones should be more resistant to heat, as the weak bits are supposed to be redesigned.

Cheer up,
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dj paul r
        on that site its sayin the price of them heads are 600 odd , no way they can be brand new my recon is costin more than that, + the fella who is doin it had a quote for a new head an it was over £1400 just for the head an that was with no valves camshaft ect.

so i recon them on that sitewill be recons as well
        Hi fellow scouser sorry you haveing trouble with your truck we are fitting those heads and have been fitting them for awhile, we have had no comebacks at all and they are "BRAND NEW".
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

trailers

Originally posted by dirtydog
          Hi nice trailer in the picture just what l am after, l did not know that was your place on ebay l have bid on several trailers but not won one yet.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

With all these positive replies you should now realise that you maybe being taken for a ride off your Mechanic or from whoever is suppling the recon head.
            These heads have been redesigned due to a design fault with the waterways near the Valve Seats being to close to the heads surface.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              With all these positive replies you should now realise that you maybe being taken for a ride off your Mechanic or from whoever is suppling the recon head.
              These heads have been redesigned due to a design fault with the waterways near the Valve Seats being to close to the heads surface.
              He's right mate ...from a fellow scoucer (west derby) been surfing here for six months and all responces say stevo is the way ahead with NO negative feed back (search and see)

Cheers Lar
              Mark

Comment

Hi Steve , Tony N Has Advised Me To Chat To You Regarding My 2.4 Td Surf - Had It 6 Days From A Dealer And Guess What !! Youve Got It - The Head Blew Big Time - Only Done 100 Miles Too . Anyhow The Dealer Has Tried All Sorts To Get Out Of A Repair And We Have Involved Trading Standards Etc. We Have Now Sent A Court Letter And Guess What - They Want To Do A Deal !!
                My Question Is - They May Wish To Repair It , And We Have To Let Them By Law But Im Concerned About What They Will Put On It. I Know I Sound Really Thick But The New Heads That You Supply - Are They Modified Heads As Discussed With Tony ? The Garage Say They Would Not Fit A Recon Head Anyway But I Just Want To Be Sure About What Is Available Ie; Could They Fit A Cheaper One That Is Not Modified ??
                We Are In Sunny Bournemouth - Would You Supply Us If The Garage Will Play Ball ??
                [font=Comic Sans MS]chester[/font]

Comment

chester's head

Yes mate the heads we supply are the modified ones, give us a call on 0161 476 6144 to discuss problem.
                  Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    Well don't let it overheat!
                    Mine must of been a new head two years ago then. Its always overheating.............oh, that'll be the mud blocking the rad AGAIN!

I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by stevo
                      Yes mate the heads we supply are the modified ones, give us a call on 0161 476 6144 to discuss problem.
                      Cheers, Steve.
                      cheers steve the garage are now replacing it they tell me they plan to put on a shimano (or something that sounds like that) head on it - does this sound ok to you

Comment

Originally posted by chester
                        cheers steve the garage are now replacing it they tell me they plan to put on a shimano (or something that sounds like that) head on it - does this sound ok to you
                        SHIMANO ?? They do gears & the like on PUSH BIKES.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                          SHIMANO ?? They do gears & the like on PUSH BIKES.
                          yeah i know but thats what it sounded like -do ya knomw any makes of head for the 2.4

Comment

Originally posted by chester
                            yeah i know but thats what it sounded like -do ya knomw any makes of head for the 2.4
                            i wanna make sure its a modified one!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X