No announcement yet.

The Heads Gone !! This Is Why I .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heads Gone !! This Is Why I .......

i want to get rid of it because i have had it for 2 weeks an the head has gone an now its costin me £1286 to get it fixed. i really do like the car a lot but i dont want this happening all the time.

what are the odds of the head goin again on it ?

i am gettin a reconditioned one supplied an fitted new cam belt , new thermostat, new manifold gaskets , erm few other parts for the head.

also the fella said it needs a new crankshaft pully it was distorted or sutton an was rippin the cambelt cover to bits so....

i am sooo scared of gettin it back an sutton else goes wrong with it. deep down i want to keep the car but.. !!!! scared case it goes again.

any advice welcome .

thanks

few pics there of my heart ache

Comment

dont get a recon head it will go again follow the link in my signature.
      STEVO is in stockport let him do it for you & you will have years of SURF motoring ahead of you
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Head went on mine first day of ownership, had a new, not reconditioned, head fitted and no further problems experienced or expected.
        Took me a while to stop morbidly staring at the temp gauge though!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          dont get a recon head it will go again follow the link in my signature.
          STEVO is in stockport let him do it for you & you will have years of SURF motoring ahead of you

on that site its sayin the price of them heads are 600 odd , no way they can be brand new my recon is costin more than that, + the fella who is doin it had a quote for a new head an it was over £1400 just for the head an that was with no valves camshaft ect.

so i recon them on that sitewill be recons as well

Comment

I Can Gaurantee They Are Brand New Heads. So call steve you wont be dissapointed NO BULL
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Its who you know not what you know.
              STEVE is a forum member & has his own Engine Recon Business.
              He is very good at what he does as lots of forum members will tell you
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by dj paul r
                on that site its sayin the price of them heads are 600 odd , no way they can be brand new my recon is costin more than that, + the fella who is doin it had a quote for a new head an it was over £1400 just for the head an that was with no valves camshaft ect.

Stevo only sells BRAND NEW heads. If the price seems cheap compared to what you have been quoted elsewhere it's because he doesn't rip people off. Fit a recon at your own peril. You have been warned !!!!
                Pete

Comment

Dont waste your time with a recon head you will not only be wasting your time but the problem will arise again....

The problem is from manufacture so if you are using the same batch of head the problem is still there, The new heads have this problem eliminated.

Depending on where you get the head from you can get them already camed and shimed all you do is drop it on the blockafter you make sure you have a true clean face

I paid £800 for the NEW head camed and shimed with a new gasket set and new bolts

another source is

www.ukcylinderheads.co.uk
                  Last edited by mark g8awo; 10 March 2005, 20:36.
                  Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Ditto ditto to all the above, you might as well fit a chocolate head if your gonna fit a recon one and how much for a recon one I assume at that price they are warranted for life. When it wears out you take it back and they replace it free of charge.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

If you do as we advise STEVE will show you were the fault lies & the differencies on the new head. He will add his comments later i hope
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

just a quickie, is this head problem confined to the 2.4td's?
                        are there any major worries with my 2.8 non turbo?
                        Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

new heads

Yo dj Paul, like the ad says we only supply or supply and fit brand new cylinder heads, pop down the 62 to Manchester and see for yourself, as all the chaps say, fit a recon head at your peril, have a word with your garage chap, tell him about this site and ask why he wants to fit a recon, its your money dont let him throw it down the drain.
                          The 2.8 ( 3L ) cylinder head is basically the same as the 2.4, they don't seem to suffer from the same problems though, probably down to the lack of turbo, ( i saw a couple of crew cab 2.8's with a lot of oil in the coolant when i was looking for one myself )
                          Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Go to see Stevo mate, he did my head nearly a year ago, and I haven't had to top up the coolant at all since. That includes 10k normal driving, + offroading and the Mac 4x4 last weekend. No problems at all. DON'T GET A RECON HEAD!! Then you can carry on surfin' no worries.
                            John

Comment

They are new, and it'll be sorted, and just goes to show how much profit others are making out of you.

Remember you have a car that is well over tens years old, things will go wrong and need sorting, the fact that look so new and drive nice is a testament to the car, it seems like a much newer car. Not that its unreliable.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X