No announcement yet.

Will These Tyres Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have found a local 4x4 garage that is getting me a price on a 2" suspension lift, then if i go ahead he says we can then see what tyres will fit, if hes cheap i will post details incase anyone interested . also just wondering if i have this lift can i then put a body lift on just as you woul normally or does it make a difference to anything that i have a suspension lift? am considering a body lift from the guy in america that everybody on here is raving about he seems really knowledgable and cheap if only i can work out on his site what i would need

Comment

oops

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
        have found a local 4x4 garage that is getting me a price on a 2" suspension lift, then if i go ahead he says we can then see what tyres will fit, if hes cheap i will post details incase anyone interested . also just wondering if i have this lift can i then put a body lift on just as you woul normally or does it make a difference to anything that i have a suspension lift? am considering a body lift from the guy in america that everybody on here is raving about he seems really knowledgable and cheap if only i can work out on his site what i would need
        I have a 1 1/2" body lift and a 2" suspesion lift. The body lift kit came from milners About £55 + vat but had to make up the rad drop brackets and bumper lift brackets. The suspension lift kit cost about £400, and is quite easy to fit.

If you can wait a few weeks I have a suspesion lift kit on a surf I'm breaking,
        Uprated front torsion bars, Rear springs and 4 es3000 shocks, I would be looking for around £250 for it all.
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
          3 main reasons:
          1. Drag fom the tyres. Ever ride a mountain bike and compare it to a racer.
          2. You do the same speed at lower revs. i.e 60mph used to be at say 2500 revs in fifth and now it is approx 2200 revs. If i am doing 60 going up a hill, the lower revs cant maintain the power and so drop even more, meaning i have to change down to fourthto get the revs back up again, lowering my speed. If you dont give a $hit about exceeding speed limits then you may keeps the revs up high in fifth but only by doing about 70.
          3. I have a !!!!ty 2.4 engine which could barely pull me out of bed.
          Hope i explained that properly
          Cheers bud that does make sence thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
            have found a local 4x4 garage that is getting me a price on a 2" suspension lift, then if i go ahead he says we can then see what tyres will fit.
            31's, some 32's might be OK

When trying bigger, you need to jack the wheel up in to the wheel arch to simulate full bump on the suspension, and then turn it full lock, and see where it hits the bumper end and bulkhead.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X