Will These Tyres Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will These Tyres Fit

i am running through my options as i am wanting some new wheels and tyres and want to go as big as possible i have found some bfg mud tyres 33x9.5x15 is there any way these will fit on my standard wide body 3.0 ssrx ltd if not any ideas on how big i can go and yes ive tried the search but after hours of trawling through i am even more confused (it doesnt take a lot )!!!!!!!

Not sure that they will fit, probably find that they may rub when on lock.
    You can definatly fit 31-10.5-15 tyres tho.

Andy.

Comment

has anyone out there ever tried this and how much do they rub i am asking as i need to make my mind up soon before they go do i go 31" or 33" any ideas

Comment

is it a 2nd or 3rd gen?
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          is it a 2nd or 3rd gen?
          2nd 95

Comment

The biggest you can go without any kind of lift is the 31x10.5x15
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

looks like i might go 31's found these tyres and wheels offer on buy 4 get free nuts and centre caps also £20 a wheel off if bought with tyre just under £500 for 5 also any ideas how much to sell current wheels for they have brand new 265/70/r15 marshall tyres on wheels are in very good condition how much do you think they are worth anyone ? put a pic up below
              Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like you wont be happy with 31s. If youve got £100 spare, get a 2" bodylift from Roger Brown in the States and read up on it while you wait for delivery. 2" suspension lifts arent complex and can be got from UK suppliers. Either way 2" of either kind will probably fit 33s, search....

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                  Sounds like you wont be happy with 31s. If youve got £100 spare, get a 2" bodylift from Roger Brown in the States and read up on it while you wait for delivery. 2" suspension lifts arent complex and can be got from UK suppliers. Either way 2" of either kind will probably fit 33s, search....
                  how complex would you say a 2" suspension lift would be for some one with a small amount of mechanical knowledge? have seriously considered this option but am wary of whats involved but due to money cannot pay some one else to do it

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
                    how complex would you say a 2" suspension lift would be for some one with a small amount of mechanical knowledge? have seriously considered this option but am wary of whats involved but due to money cannot pay some one else to do it
                    31"- no lift.
                    33"- 2" suspension lift or 2" body lift
                    35"- 4" suspension lift + some body lift (needs 3.0L engine to turn tyres!)

You can do a 2" suspension lift with very little mechnical knowledge- I did one and I'm no mechanic! Just need the right tools really.

Nevillef

Comment

I could be wrong but I thought you need at least 3" of lift to run 33's. And then of couse the gearing might be a problem. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong
                      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                        I could be wrong but I thought you need at least 3" of lift to run 33's. And then of couse the gearing might be a problem. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong
                        The 3.0L has ample power to turn 33" tyres okay- it wll be a tad slower pulling away etc. than the standard 29.5" tyre but it's a big, slow 4x4 so I don't think anyone will notice (don't know about 2.4L- probably would feel underpowered?). With 35" though you seriously need to consider re-gearing the diffs.

You can get away with a 2" lift and 33" tyres if you don't do too much offroad activity. Flexing the axles and steering extremes might cause some tyre/body contacts- then more clearance is a advisable. I'm planning to run 33's on a 2" suspension + 2"(or 3)" body lift.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                          The 3.0L has ample power to turn 33" tyres okay- it wll be a tad slower pulling away etc. than the standard 29.5" tyre but it's a big, slow 4x4 so I don't think anyone will notice (don't know about 2.4L- probably would feel underpowered?). With 35" though you seriously need to consider re-gearing the diffs.

You can get away with a 2" lift and 33" tyres if you don't do too much offroad activity. Flexing the axles and steering extremes might cause some tyre/body contacts- then more clearance is a advisable. I'm planning to run 33's on a 2" suspension + 2"(or 3)" body lift.

Nevillef
                          When doing my lift, i had a 1" body lift and 2.5" suspension lift in the front and 3.5" suspension lift in the back. With 33x12.5r15's the back was fine but the front wheels still rubbed on full lock, so i had to remove my front apron under the bumper or i could have trimmed it but couldnt be bothered. So even though you have a narrower tyre at 9.5" i do not think you will fit 33's with a 2" lift unless you plan on only driving straight ahead the whole time. You will notice loss of power at the top end also!
                          Cheers
                          Del
                          Derek :
                          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                            You will notice loss of power at the top end also!
                            Cheers
                            Del
                            ? very stupid question (possibley)
                            How do you loose power at the top end with a bigger wheel ??
                            I can cope with that fact that from stationary you loose some power but at the top end ar'nt you turning a bigger cog (wheel) there for going faster?

I am confused

Mark

Comment

3 main reasons:
                              1. Drag fom the tyres. Ever ride a mountain bike and compare it to a racer.
                              2. You do the same speed at lower revs. i.e 60mph used to be at say 2500 revs in fifth and now it is approx 2200 revs. If i am doing 60 going up a hill, the lower revs cant maintain the power and so drop even more, meaning i have to change down to fourthto get the revs back up again, lowering my speed. If you dont give a $hit about exceeding speed limits then you may keeps the revs up high in fifth but only by doing about 70.
                              3. I have a !!!!ty 2.4 engine which could barely pull me out of bed.
                              Hope i explained that properly
                              Derek :
                              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                              [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Working...
                              X