Old Digicam and Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Digicam and Windows XP

I took a load of pics using my old digital camera. As an after-thought I loaded the software on the new PC. The PC knows the camera is there (make model etc, before the software is loaded) but it just won't upload the pics from it. The manufacturer doesn't list drivers for Windows XP on their site. The most up to date is Windows 2000. The makers name isn't even in the drivers list that comes with XP. I also get a warning that loading the old software my make the system unstable.
    The cunning plan was to use the old low res point & shoot camera for off roading and taking oily techy pics, saving the new camera for cleaner pursuits. Any ideas computer peeps? I've run out of ideas.
    It's only a hobby!

i paid 90 quid for XP upgrade pack... had trouble with authenticating that i had ME installed... called Microsoft technical support and they suggested borrowing a copy of ME or WIN98 from a friend!!... it's good to know they're there to help!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

WINDOWS XP usually uses its own default driver when it finds your camera.
      Have you tried this ?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Does the Pc see the camera as a drive ?

If not does the camera memory card come out ?

I use card readers for my cameras, they work faster

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          I took a load of pics using my old digital camera. As an after-thought I loaded the software on the new PC. The PC knows the camera is there (make model etc, before the software is loaded) but it just won't upload the pics from it. The manufacturer doesn't list drivers for Windows XP on their site. The most up to date is Windows 2000. The makers name isn't even in the drivers list that comes with XP. I also get a warning that loading the old software my make the system unstable.
          The cunning plan was to use the old low res point & shoot camera for off roading and taking oily techy pics, saving the new camera for cleaner pursuits. Any ideas computer peeps? I've run out of ideas.
          Not sure which order u installed hardware and software but i find with xp older stuff u have 2 install the software 1st without the camera connected. Then plug the camera in and xp will find new hardware. it should auto find the software. if not you may have to tell it where to find the .inf file. Usually this is installed in the c:\windows\system folder or c:\windows\system32.
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

I have a printer that has media slots built in. No need for my camera software to be on puter.Just take out the media card and plug straight into printer and bobs your uncle. Pics download in no time at all.
            I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Uninstall the installed software (for the camera)
              plug it in using your usb cable to the camera (make sure the camera is on) and xp should use its default image software
              Works for mine lost the old software cd (i only found this out after formatting hdd)

Comment

Windows XP has a Camera and Scanner wizard located in the Accessories. I find that it downloads the pics from my digital camera without any camera software installed. You could try that or alternatively buy a usb card reader at around £10 and download the pics direct from the camera card.
                Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Cheers all. I will try some/all of the above.

Hilux Surf Forum - The one stop shop for advice on everything!
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                  X