Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

had run into London today some 60 miles there and back

Journey started ok but after about 3 miles she revved at 3000 doing 60 miles per hour and then seemed to struggle for the whole journey.
    Even on the M25 did not go over 70 which is unusual for me as she didn't seem to have any poke in her.Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Very slow going through gears, ease of accelerator for smoother ride from standing start.
    Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Hi when is the last time the filters where changed.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

help needed

September

Comment

does it rev free in neutral?

Jack it up and make sure no brakes are jammed on, axles, drive train etc are free.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          does it rev free in neutral?

Jack it up and make sure no brakes are jammed on, axles, drive train etc are free.
          In neutral or in low gear she is as good as gold

Comment

is your turbo spinning up???

Comment

You havn't inadvertantly turned your overdrive off have you.
              [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by djcazyp
                is your turbo spinning up???
                Over the noise of the tractor can still here turbo kicking in as normal

Comment

Originally posted by InfraRed
                  You havn't inadvertantly turned your overdrive off have you.
                  Nah but effect is the same

Comment

Originally posted by b19aus
                    had run into London today some 60 miles there and back

Journey started ok but after about 3 miles she revved at 3000 doing 60 miles per hour and then seemed to struggle for the whole journey.
                    Even on the M25 did not go over 70 which is unusual for me as she didn't seem to have any poke in her.Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Very slow going through gears, ease of accelerator for smoother ride from standing start.
                    Have had a full service done now so filters etc are all new, top hose replaced cos of split, all fluid levels changed and topped up.
                    Front pads and bushes to be replaced on Mon, Milners delivered already.

Some improvement, though it feels as though I am driving with brakes on, hand brake is definitely off ,steering wheel feels heavy, as auto transmission goes through the gears very sluggish still and it seems that top gear is not being reached. Engine after 40 mph seems to roar, feels and sounds normal when decreasing speed. Can now reach top speed of 70 mph at a push.
                    garage still at a loss. At this rate evrything will be put right except for initial problem.
                    Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Are any of the wheels warm after a drive, or is there any noise that would suggest pistons are sticking?

mark
                      :

Comment

Originally posted by silvtr1000
                        Are any of the wheels warm after a drive, or is there any noise that would suggest pistons are sticking?

mark
                        Thanks for your reply
                        noise sounds as though oil level is low, but following service this is not the case.

Comment

Thanks for your reply
                          noise sounds as though oil level is low, but following service this is not the case.
                          I will check wheels after driving into work this afternoon

Comment

Have had a full service done now so filters etc are all new, top hose replaced cos of split, all fluid levels changed and topped up.
                            Front pads and bushes to be replaced on Mon, Milners delivered already.

Some improvement, though it feels as though I am driving with brakes on, hand brake is definitely off ,steering wheel feels heavy, as auto transmission goes through the gears very sluggish still and it seems that top gear is not being reached. Engine after 40 mph seems to roar, feels and sounds normal when decreasing speed. Can now reach top speed of 70 mph at a push.
                            garage still at a loss. At this rate evrything will be put right except for initial problem.
                            Any ideas anyone?

Hi
                            When was the last time you changed the gearbox oil? As you said that it was slow going through the gears if the oil is brown in colour and smells realy bad it needs changed. You might what to take a look at the diff oils as well as you might not know when they were last changed. I changed all the oils everywhere on my Surf when I bought it.

Hope this helps

Steve.
                            The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

Originally posted by biglift
                              Hi
                              When was the last time you changed the gearbox oil? As you said that it was slow going through the gears if the oil is brown in colour and smells realy bad it needs changed. You might what to take a look at the diff oils as well as you might not know when they were last changed. I changed all the oils everywhere on my Surf when I bought it.

Hope this helps

Steve.
                              Thanks for your reply
                              Will have this checked out on Monday

Comment

Working...
                              X