Compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressor

I'm sure I saw something on an American website about using a hollow rear bumper as a compressed air tank. I have searched in vain to find it again. Maybe I just dreamt it. Maybe I should patent it? Damn, too late!
    It's only a hobby!

there was a thing about carrying 2 spare wheels that lead to a link for an american company making monster spare wheel carriers and winch bumpers which could be pressurized apparently...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      I'm sure I saw something on an American website about using a hollow rear bumper as a compressed air tank. I have searched in vain to find it again. Maybe I just dreamt it. Maybe I should patent it? Damn, too late!
      Can't remember the link but I've seen it as well. If I remember right the guy abandoned the idea because his welding wasn't that good and the "tank" leaked. If you could get it sealed it would even help with floating through the deep puddles
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Seems like an incredibly stupid idea to me. You get rear ended, and the damn thing explodes. No thanks.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Any welding on a tank would have to be designed by a "compteant designer" and carried out by a certified welder or be NDTed (Xrayed), if it is to be pressurised greater than 2 bar.

Tis da Law
          Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

If you just want the compress air stored for inflating a tyre then store it in your spare. Your spare will easily carry double its normal running pressure. eg a 265/70/15 runs at 29psi or 2bar. 4 bar or say 60psi in your spare and a double ended hose with manual valve and you can link your spare and a flat open the valve and the pressures equalise inflating your flat. (thats after you fix the puncture lol with an external plug kit)
            BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
              If you just want the compress air stored for inflating a tyre then store it in your spare. Your spare will easily carry double its normal running pressure. eg a 265/70/15 runs at 29psi or 2bar. 4 bar or say 60psi in your spare and a double ended hose with manual valve and you can link your spare and a flat open the valve and the pressures equalise inflating your flat. (thats after you fix the puncture lol with an external plug kit)
              That's a lot of buggering about when you could put the spare on and go to **ick Fit.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

When I was looking at the rock slider stuff, there was a link to some guys who planned to use the tubes in the sliders to store compressed air...

Comment

You gotta love the Heath Robinson approach
                  NO WORRIES!
                  Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    That's a lot of buggering about when you could put the spare on and go to **ick Fit.
                    Yeh i agree its is for 1 flat but if you only have 1 spare and in the middle of nowhere...repare 1 and still have a spare for if ur really unlucky and get 2 flats. Ok in the uk ur never far from a town. I saw the idea in aus.
                    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
                      Yeh i agree its is for 1 flat but if you only have 1 spare and in the middle of nowhere...repare 1 and still have a spare for if ur really unlucky and get 2 flats. Ok in the uk ur never far from a town. I saw the idea in aus.
                      Sorry, I keep forgetting what 4x4s are for and using mine for collecting the grandchildren from school. They use them in the outback too? Buggah!
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                      X