Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hardimap
    Still not got mine
    Delivery was attempted wile I was at work and postie did not leave a card.

Was it Royal mail or Parcel Force that delivered the dials?

Only reason I ask is I have to find which collection point the dials are, as I have no card I have no idea where they are…
    Parcel force in my case

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Fitted mine yesterday, about an hour or so, but I've had the dash apart a few times. If you haven't done it yet, I found it impossible to slip the new Speedo and rev counter faces over the needle centres, but it's no drama to pop the needles off. Just use a normal dinner fork, slip the centre gap between two tines of the fork under the centre of the needles and GENTLY prise upwards(have the fork the way round that you would if you were eating peas!!). Before doing this on the rev counter needle, gently lift the tip of the needle over the post that stops it going below zero, and note where it rests, mine pointed almost exactly downwards. This is so that when you come to refit it you just gently press it back onto its spindle in the same position. No need to worry about the speedo needle, it has a fixed receptacle for the needle.
      I had no problem with the faces fouling the needles.

I found it better to remove the existing auxilliary gauge faces, as the new dials can slip behind the little spigot at the bottom, just push the old faces gently upwards and they pop out of the guage. No need to glue the new ones in, they look like they are sticking out too far but the dial surround when replaced pushes them down into the correct position in the guage.

For the supply I just Scotchlocked the red lead into the bulb supply for one of the switches, I used the suspension hard/soft switch, but they all have bulb supply. Plenty of earth bolts around for the black lead.

Comment

aint done mine yet not plucked up the courage yet i take it the cables fitted with the connectors on the dials just simply fit in to a connector on the dash.... told ya i was thick
        if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Working...
        X