No announcement yet.

Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finish up tomorrow afternoon, back in for Wed & Thu 8am to 8pm, AND Friday (yes - New Year's Eve) 8am till "whenever". Dontcha just love quarter end in an American software company!?

Will I be working here next year? Eh, NO!!!!!
    :

Comment

I finished on Monday and dont have another job booked till the 7th .
      Gives me plenty of time to look for the surf Woohoo
      I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

i'm working christmas eve until 5.30pm, then back in on monday which is optional on monday deppending on how much i'v had enough of the kids!!!!
        lets go get dirty...

Comment

I got one last trip to run down to Bristol so if you are on the M4 tomorrow morning i shall be leaving Hatfield at 3AM Ive got all intentions of beating the morons down the road...

M25 was pearshaped by dinnertime today
          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

I work all the time, (must get a life!) Xmas is just another day in the constant rounds of cattle and sheep feeding. Going to help my son feed his cattle on Xmas morning, then he is coming to help me with mine so we should be back for lunch time. Then the real work starts - making the Christmas Dinner!

Merry Christmas Everyone

Jacqueline

Comment

workin tomorrow as normal IN A SHOP!!!!! you think christmas shopping is bad, try christmas selling....Christmas? you can....it
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by jax
                I work all the time, (must get a life!) Xmas is just another day in the constant rounds of cattle and sheep feeding. Going to help my son feed his cattle on Xmas morning, then he is coming to help me with mine so we should be back for lunch time. Then the real work starts - making the Christmas Dinner!

Merry Christmas Everyone

Jacqueline
                It's understandable where animals are concerned. My Mums partner (isn't life complicated these days) is a cattleman and will have to feed, water, muck out on Christmas Morning before coming to us for lunch. He holds the farm owner to the age old tradition of boxing day being for the serfs and he has to do it himself.
                As for humans, why any shop needs to be open Xmas day, Boxing Day and the Bank Holidays for that matter beats me?? Going back 30 years only the well off had fridges and freezers. We just planned ahead, stocked up and enjoyed the rest. Bank holidays were non-trading days for the workers to have off and let their hair down.
                The excuse given, on the radio today, by one of the big store owners was that if they didn't open then their competition would. Bah Humbug!
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

I'm off from now till monday,yipee!Very considerate my boss.
                  Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    Anyone else unfortunate enough to have to be at work today and tomorrow?

I have no work to do as everyone is demob happy, but I still have to sit here and pretend I have something to do!

I feel another boozy lunch coming on
                    Working till 1pm tomorrow and then as one of the key staff [IT mgr] looking after the systems on the 3rd January.....only 5 of us in on this day...bummer. No wonder it doesn't feel like xmas this year
                    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      It's understandable where animals are concerned. My Mums partner (isn't life complicated these days) is a cattleman and will have to feed, water, muck out on Christmas Morning before coming to us for lunch. He holds the farm owner to the age old tradition of boxing day being for the serfs and he has to do it himself.
                      As for humans, why any shop needs to be open Xmas day, Boxing Day and the Bank Holidays for that matter beats me?? Going back 30 years only the well off had fridges and freezers. We just planned ahead, stocked up and enjoyed the rest. Bank holidays were non-trading days for the workers to have off and let their hair down.
                      The excuse given, on the radio today, by one of the big store owners was that if they didn't open then their competition would. Bah Humbug!
                      These are the days that shops make their crust XMas and into New Year....this is where their profits soar and the Board/GMs/Investors get there fat wodges in their already overburdened pockets.

Xmas sales put nearly every other month to shame
                      Gaz

Comment

Well we had our Xmas lunch today, paid for by the Partners. Plenty of free booze to start with and almost a bottle of white and a bottle of red to follow. How the hell I can type straight I really don't know. Had enough of a problem just walking home from the pub!!! Hooray, off now til 4 Jan.
                        Mike G

Comment

Ive got 2 local jobs in the morning then hopefully ive finished.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

I feel sorry for you guys (honestly) been off since the 3rd of December and I am not doing anymore until the 4th of Jan :smug mode:
                            If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Well I will be finishing work Christmas Eve and back in on Boxing Day. Will be off the bank holiday Tuesday and then its back to normal 4 me. Working on New Years Day Too !!!!!!! Bummer !!!!!!!
                              !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

i'm off 24th-29th..... HAH BUMHUG
                                [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
                                X