Diy Advice Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diy Advice Please.

Hello all, going to waxoyl the underside of the surf on saturday,doing it myself with the help of a mates lifting ramp. Any advice you guys can give me?? Anything i should avoid doing ? Any help appreciated.
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Dropping it off the ramp..!!
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

and now for some serious suggestions!!!!

(its a ramp at his work - mercedes dealership, so proper)

Comment

don't wear your sunday best and don't get it on the paintwork... it's like tar!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Pay somebody else to do it !

Wish I had !

Comment

Originally posted by qube3
            Hello all, going to waxoyl the underside of the surf on saturday,doing it myself with the help of a mates lifting ramp. Any advice you guys can give me?? Anything i should avoid doing ? Any help appreciated.
            OK serious ones now.

There are not many don't dos except, try to keep the waxoyl off any bushes, engine and transmission components. Mask up if neccessary.

Get the stuff all over the chassis, remove any loose material and rust first, remove any oil and dirt first.

Take the inner door panels and the plastic covers and spray in the bottoms of the doors, however make sure to not block the drain holes.

Spray the backs of the bumpers and inside the chassis rails where you can get at an exposed area.

If you have it, spray on the black rubberised coating on top of the waxoyle on really exposed areas like chassis and the floor pan. It will help and also cut down road noise.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
              OK serious ones now.

There are not many don't dos except, try to keep the waxoyl off any bushes, engine and transmission components. Mask up if neccessary.

Get the stuff all over the chassis, remove any loose material and rust first, remove any oil and dirt first.

Take the inner door panels and the plastic covers and spray in the bottoms of the doors, however make sure to not block the drain holes.

Spray the backs of the bumpers and inside the chassis rails where you can get at an exposed area.

If you have it, spray on the black rubberised coating on top of the waxoyle on really exposed areas like chassis and the floor pan. It will help and also cut down road noise.

cheers
              Keep it warm as it flows more freely this time of year, stand in bucket of hot water (no not you the waxoyl) to keep it more liquified.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                OK serious ones now.

cheers
                so gearbox housing and driveshaft a no no then. apologies for the stupid questions but 1st time and all that. You would cover chassis, bumpers, bottoms of doors etc only? Thanks lucky
                Last edited by qube3; 8 December 2004, 18:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Sungear6
                  Pay somebody else to do it !

Wish I had !
                  no one around my area will do it.

Comment

Wax Oil

I managed mine on 2 car ramps a boiler suit and 3 cans of the heavy duty Black stone chip wax oil from halfords BARGIN!! and the finish that it give is like new!! very good Idea about bucket of hot water and stand the cans or drum of waxoyl in for 5 mins makes for easy application Wear a hat or basball cap as you'll be suprised where it will go!

ENJOY! at least your under cover!

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                      Keep it warm as it flows more freely this time of year, stand in bucket of hot water (no not you the waxoyl) to keep it more liquified.
                      yes stand in the bucket too keeps feet warm this weather
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Cover any ground wherever you are.....when I did mine I was glad I decided to cover the driveway....the stuff gets everywhere.
                        Gaz

Comment

and try your best to keep it off the exhaust it stinks and stinks and stinks for ages
                          if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

thanks guys, ill let you know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by qube3
                              no one around my area will do it.
                              you can buy a pressurized can and a sray gun with pump this makes the job a bit more user freindly to say the least. you can get the gun/pump for about a tenner and then the price of the pressurized can maybe around a tenner, think i used 2 cans. you also can buy a flexy pipe to get inside the main box section on the chassis. and the warm water trick works a treat...

oh what ever you do dont get it on the kitchen floor you will have to buy lots of chocolate and flowers to get back in the good books. or just live in the garage for a few months ......................good luck....
                              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
                              X