X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikey View Post
    Hi,
    Not been on the forum for a while...
    I have four part worn ('bout 1/3 worn so half a million miles left!) BFG 33x12.5 R15 Muds plus one brand new one for sale.
    In the interests of domestic harmony they need to be removed from the end of my garden..
    No sensible offer refused.
    I can send pics if required.
    Cheers
    Mick
    mick@mwmarine.co.uk
    Hi Mikey, you have an email
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
      who may pay for advertising in said mags
      macho's are one of the best i liked in the mud
      Those remoulds I got off you seem to perform just as well as the other two types of mud tyre I've used. I think for me, cheap is best cos there is a high probability of them getting wrecked on sharp rocks / slate. Not that interested in what they look like any more.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Those remoulds I got off you seem to perform just as well as the other two types of mud tyre I've used. I think for me, cheap is best cos there is a high probability of them getting wrecked on sharp rocks / slate. Not that interested in what they look like any more.

them be dakars andy seemed as good as the khumos in the mud and a fair bit cheaper

posers go for the looks
        offroaders go for the ability
        Last edited by joker??; 31 October 2008, 23:25.
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I didn't realise this would cause so much controversy!

If anyone has experienced the DC's and found them to be crap or don't last long please say! I don't want to be forking out again in a year.
          Last edited by PC-Surf; 2 November 2008, 16:23.
          Member of the 115,000k club

Comment

Not controversial mate.

Unless you are going to be doing some VERY serious offroading (the sort of thing you will ONLY find at pay and play or in competition, not green laning) then whatever mud tyre you like the look of will be fine. There are NO lanes in the UK where driven sensibly you will get into trouble on any brand of mud tyre.

No mud tyre will last as long as a decent AT though, and some do about 10 minutes before they are wearing out! BFGs are known for their longevity - Rod has a set but doesn't do many miles.

No idea about the longevity of the ones you're looking at, but if the cost bothers you, it could be risky as they may be gone this time next year if you do a lot of road miles.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by PC-Surf View Post
              I didn't realise this would cause so much controversy!

If anyone has experienced the DC's and found them to be crap or don't last long please say! I don't want to be forking out again in a year.
              Al make it simple, no controversy involved, BFG M/T will last forever whether your on road or off road and are good on and off road. I run Kumho KL71's and after a few hundred miles you start to notice them getting wee cuts and bits ripped off them, i do some pretty rough off roading though, Kumhos are cheaper but wont last too long. Im sure if most people could afford them it would BFG's

Comment

My choice would have been bfg's, but for 2 reasons:

1)they're ###### expensive

2) they can go for miles, but as i do a max of 6000 a year, they'd probably start to perish before the tread wore out, so why spend the extra dosh?

I've gone with maxxis buckshot mudders in 33x12.50 R15. seen as i got them from camskill and fitted locally, it cost less than £330 for the set. plus they seem really good on the road, but obviously slightly noiseyer than a/t's.

and yes, my D!ck ruled the decision, otherwise i would not have done the sus lift and body lift to fit 33's in the first place!
                Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Working...
                X