33 inch muds -which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33 inch muds -which one?

Ok I'm gonna be getting 33 inch mud terrain tyres very soon. What brand should I get. I'm leaning towards BFG or Cooper. I am gonna be using them on Tarmac a lot but don't care how noisey etc they are. I should really be going for AT's but I'm playing the childish male card and getting muds. It is muddy over here!
    What you think.
    Member of the 115,000k club

BFG

All the way mate.

Gives a better performance in most conditions then the Cooper.

Comment

Cool, I thought that was the case. I think the BFG's last a lot longer too by all accounts.
      Cheers bud.

Comment

cepek tyres

Just found Dick Cepek tyres. Anyone know what they are like?? I'm looking at 33" muds.

Comment

i have bfg mud tyres on my surf,
          they have done 16,000 klms and still have 90% tread left on them,
          i would always buy these again,

Comment

http://www.silverlinewheels-tyres.co..._october08.pdf

These are the cepek ones. I'm looking for best priced BFG's but then came accross these. I know it's the little boy in me but I think they look cool! Check out the skulls!

Comment

Not the best tyres in the world. But not the worse.

BFG's will out perform them 99.99% of the time.

But those skulls look bada$$ an it was the lil boy in me! (which isn't really that long ago...) that made me go for 35x12.50!!

So, Either way... you'll be happy!! It might just depend on if its your head or your heart thats happy

Comment

hmmmmm.
                I'll mostly be doing road use, but whenoff road it will be lanes and when doing trials it'll usually be mud mud and more mud.
                AT's is not an option as the big kid in me (heart) says MT's is just gonna happen.

Haha skulls dude, . . . . . .sweeet.

Comment

there cool, i can see why you like them

Comment

What do you mean head or heart?

If it was his head, he'd be buying ATs'

As you're buying with your willy, I mean heart , they look cool. Will certainly pish off the bobblehats when he's laning with 'Crusher' written on the sidewalls

All this stuff about 'this mud tread being better than that mud tread', it's so much cack unless you are really taking a tyre to its limits (no-one does in a Surf) or REALLY know how to drive in the toughest competition, they all perform the same to the average joe. (Apart from longevity - where there are differences - ie Maxxix Mudzilla last about two weeks)

Just buy the one you like the look of. Once your eyeballs have vibrated out of your head, you wont be able to see them anymore anyway
                    Last edited by Apache; 30 October 2008, 09:08.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Part worn BFG 33's

Hi,
                      Not been on the forum for a while...
                      I have four part worn ('bout 1/3 worn so half a million miles left!) BFG 33x12.5 R15 Muds plus one brand new one for sale.
                      In the interests of domestic harmony they need to be removed from the end of my garden..
                      No sensible offer refused.
                      I can send pics if required.
                      Cheers
                      Mick
                      mick@mwmarine.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        What do you mean head or heart?

If it was his head, he'd be buying ATs'

As you're buying with your willy, I mean heart , they look cool. Will certainly pish off the bobblehats when he's laning with 'Crusher' written on the sidewalls

All this stuff about 'this mud tread being better than that mud tread', it's so much cack unless you are really taking a tyre to its limits (no-one does in a Surf) or REALLY know how to drive in the toughest competition, they all perform the same to the average joe. (Apart from longevity - where there are differences - ie Maxxix Mudzilla last about two weeks)

Just buy the one you like the look of. Once your eyeballs have vibrated out of your head, you wont be able to see them anymore anyway
                        Lets be honest... you got the Maxxis mudzillas with your 'willy' mate. I dont blame him for wanting the DC tyres. They look awesome an by your logic they will all perform the same!

Which they dont/wont! Most mud tyres perform totally differently. An any user can find that out for his/her self.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                          Lets be honest... you got the Maxxis mudzillas with your 'willy' mate.
                          Well, it was credit card actually, but yes, you're right.

Which they dont/wont! Most mud tyres perform totally differently. An any user can find that out for his/her self.
                          Read the offroading mags mate. They agree. Most mud tyres are chosen for looks (why otherwise put skulls on the side and give them mad names?) and most perform within 9/10th of each other in 99% of conditions.

Thats according to the people who work in the offroading business though, dunno why anyone would want to believe them over you.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Well, it was credit card actually, but yes, you're right.
                            good come back!

Read the offroading mags mate. They agree. Most mud tyres are chosen for looks (why otherwise put skulls on the side and give them mad names?) and most perform within 9/10th of each other in 99% of conditions.

Thats according to the people who work in the offroading business though, dunno why anyone would want to believe them over you.

Im going on what i've read in mags. Ask Biosurf. He's seen a guy struggle with his set of MT's over another MT.

Dont get me wrong. Theres a handful that are made to look cool! Which they do!! I've got a comparision thing here from a magazine on how certain tyres performed when taken over the same stuff.

Some interesting results! Some expected.

Comment

good come back!

Im going on what i've read in mags. Ask Biosurf. He's seen a guy struggle with his set of MT's over another MT.

Dont get me wrong. Theres a handful that are made to look cool! Which they do!! I've got a comparision thing here from a magazine on how certain tyres performed when taken over the same stuff.

Some interesting results! Some expected.
                              who may pay for advertising in said mags
                              macho's are one of the best i liked in the mud
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                              X