• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marky View Post
    31x10.5x15
    Originally posted by Tiger View Post
    How does that relate when on the tyres its got 265/75/16
    a 265/75/16 should be bigger then a 31x10.50r15.

Should be!!!

common 15" wheel sizes are - 31x10.50
    32x11.50
    33x12.50
    35x12.50

common 16" wheel sizes are - 265/70/16
    265/75/16
    285/75/16
    305/70/16
    315/75/16

Some of those sizes eg; 35's + 315's are huge, you wouldnt want to run anything bigger then that on a surf IMHO, aswell the 265/70/16 and 31x10.50r15 - i wouldnt want to run anything much smaller.

Comment

Tyres

As a reply to the selection of tyre sizes, I would advise against fitting narrower tyres as this may affect the handling of the vehicle.
      As a replacement of the 265 70 R16, you may be able to get 31 10.50 R15, but this means changing the wheels. I have found a great internet site for buying my tyres for my wife's surf and my own little pocket rocket car. Try having a look at www.Blackcircles.com.
      Last edited by trisbenji; 29 January 2008, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by trisbenji View Post
        As a reply to the selection of tyre sizes, I would advise against fitting narrower tyres as this may affect the handling of the vehicle.
        As a replacement of the 265 70 R16, you may be able to get 31 10.50 R15, but this means changing the wheels. I have found a great internet site for buying my tyres for my wife's surf and my own little pocket rocket car. Try having a look at www.Blackcircles.com.
        rather then 31x10.50r15's the best upgrade from 265/70/16 is 265/75/16!! Keep the same wheels an gain extra height.

blackcircles are expensive!!! not a patch on www.camskill.com for prices.

Comment

Thanks nero279 and
          Originally posted by SURFerRob View Post
          ie;

265/75R15

to work it out...

265 (mm) X 75% X 2 = 397.5 mm
          rim is 15 inches (381mm)

OVERALL DIAMETER or Height is 778.5mm (30.65")

now i got it
          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/quotation/

Those guys will come to your place, change and balance tires, prices are not bad at all :p

Comment

so what tyre size do people recommend for a surf with a 2" body lift and a 3" suspension lift?

Comment

Originally posted by markyboy123 View Post
                so what tyre size do people recommend for a surf with a 2" body lift and a 3" suspension lift?

33x12.50x15.
                i have got mine on 10" rims to give that wider stance

Last edited by stormforce; 8 February 2008, 22:18.
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

so yours is that spec i.e 5" lift coz that looks spot on for what i want to do!

Comment

yea 3" suspension and 2" bodylift
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Same lift and wheel as Rich. Tyres r the same size too.
                      Attached Files

Comment

can you get them tyres to fit standard rims or do you have to change them as well?

i take it the 12.5 bit means the width of the rim it should be on is there any advantage of putting them on 10" or is it just for looks?
                        Last edited by markyboy123; 10 February 2008, 19:06.

Comment

I think 8" is min and 12" is max rim width for that size tyre. So i guess 10" wide rims are the ideal width as they are smack bang in the middle. But, i might be wrong.

Comment

do any of you have problems with mot time as the wheels seem to stick out further than the body? is it possible to get bigger flared bits for the arches?

also another daft question what is it like to park in sainsburys carpark!!! do you have to look for 2 spaces together or will it squeeze in to one!!

Comment

do any of you have problems with mot time as the wheels seem to stick out further than the body? is it possible to get bigger flared bits for the arches?

also another daft question what is it like to park in sainsburys carpark!!! do you have to look for 2 spaces together or will it squeeze in to one!!
                              Nigel at LAS makes 3"extended ones.
                              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

look at my avatar
                                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                                X