Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s2-wolf
    Hi
    If Ingers doesn't want them then I'll buy them off you. failing that can you tell me where you got them from please?
    I'm in Hampshire too so could come and collect if necessary - good excuse for a ride through the Forest.
    Contact infor in my profile.

Cheers
    Sorry going to ingers on monday.

I bought mine from 'Wilts' the electrical wholesaler you have one in andover address as follows.

unit1,Hunting gate
    East portway industrial estate
    Andover
    SP10 3sj

I believe they are commonly known as zebedees........or cable channel fixing nuts 6mm.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bell end billy

I bought mine from 'Wilts' the electrical wholesaler you have one in andover address as follows.

unit1,Hunting gate
      Andover
      SP10 3sj

I believe they are commonly known as zebedees........or cable channel fixing nuts 6mm.

Good luck.
      Thanks for the info - I'll get in contact with them.
      Keith

Comment

Originally posted by bell end billy

unit1,Hunting gate
        Andover
        SP10 3sj

Good luck.

Awesome - they're about a 10 min walk from my house - and I'm off on Monday too - if they'll sell a slack handfull to Joe public then I reckon I'm sorted !

Thanks a lot - it sounds like the roofbox will be going to France - more room for RED on the trip home .....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Hi Bob
          Let me know how you get on as I would like to fit roof bars to my 3rd Gen before my holiday in August.
          Cheers
          Keith

Comment

Keith,

If they'll sell to Joe Public do you want me to pick up 8 for you ?

I drive to Staines most days and can easily make a minor detour into Basingstoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Keith,

If they'll sell to Joe Public do you want me to pick up 8 for you ?

I drive to Staines most days and can easily make a minor detour into Basingstoke.

Hi Bob
              Thanks for the offer - it would be great if you could pick up a set for me.
              I live near Tadley, so that would be quite a detour for you. I'm sure that we could make some arrangement to meet somewhere convenient and swop Surf info!!
              If they will only sell to a company then let me know and I can dig out all the old letterheads from my wife's old company.
              I apologise if I don't repy to posts or e-mails - I am having lots of problems with my internet connection at the moment.
              Thaks again for the offer.
              Cheers
              Keith

Comment

Originally posted by s2-wolf
                Hi Bob
                Thanks for the offer - it would be great if you could pick up a set for me.
                I live near Tadley, so that would be quite a detour for you. I'm sure that we could make some arrangement to meet somewhere convenient and swop Surf info!!
                Cheers

Sorted - mine are now fitted - proper job !

The only minor difficulty is that my other half has mislaid the keys for the roofbox .......

I've got 8 for you Keith, email me and we'll sort out a meet - I'm on lates until Friday and normal on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Sorted - mine are now fitted - proper job !

The only minor difficulty is that my other half has mislaid the keys for the roofbox .......

I've got 8 for you Keith, email me and we'll sort out a meet - I'm on lates until Friday and normal on Saturday.

if not i'm in newbury and can take them off you as i go into tadley most night for da pub!... leave them behind the bar in the pub if you like... i'm a regular so i can pick them up and drop them to keith?
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by skipkoo
                    TU4715 Thule Rapid system tracker adapter kit no.4715 £25.49
                    just wondering why you had to use the zebedees...

you've got the wrong fitting kit!

the 4710 is the one you want... i've got the 4712 which also fits but doesn't slide over the track mounting bolts... need to tap it a bit.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Tow bar now fit on my Surf from Towequipe (http://www.towequipe.co.uk/) and very easy to do, it came with all the fitting and instuctions which easy to follow. Costs aprox £110 with stainless bumper protector and twin electrics.

Just be sure to paint your Towequipe towbar before you fit it cos it's only got a very thin coat of paint on it and it will start to rust within a month !!

wack

Comment

3rd gen roof bars

Can someone enlighten me as to the difference between the 4715 & 4710 Thule fitting kit?

Can't find anywhere that will show me the difference and any stockists just tell me "they are completely different".

Thanks

Comment

Bringing this one back from the dead I know, but I found it really useful.

I just wanted to say that I got the 6mm Zeb springs from http://wydels.co.uk/product_type.asp?typeID=177 these guys. THey usually sell in 100s but they were really helpful and sent me 4. I couldnt find anyone local.

Thats it really, just if you wanted to do this yourself, thats ahandy place to source the 6mm unistrut nuts.

Comment

Working...
                          X