No more broken fog lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McWibble
    What about replacing the driver's reverse light with the fog light?
    Took my friend 5 mins to rewire it, all I needed was a red bulb.

Saves a lot of cutting and hassle!
    i have a 91 surf gen 2 with the reverse lights either side of the number plate, could i turn one of these into rear fog light??

Comment

Originally posted by caseyj
      i have a 91 surf gen 2 with the reverse lights either side of the number plate, could i turn one of these into rear fog light??
      Maybe ILLEGAL check with your local MOT man as it maybe too high
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        Maybe ILLEGAL check with your local MOT man as it maybe too high
        nah - shd be fine - I once had a car with side lights up the side pillars - fog light was at the top and much higher than the number plate on a surf.

Just FYI for anyone thinking of converting a reversing light in the rear cluster into a fog light. I did this, but it gave me problems because when reversing out of spaces in car parks people couldnt see the reversing light as my rear mounted spare hid it from one side.

I got RAV 4 fog lights from a breaker for £5 each and one day Tony will mount these into my rear bumper. Until then she hasnt had a fog light for years!! :
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

isn't this a silly law altogether... you must have them fitted in a specific place, and they must work... but you can't let anyone see them working? it will distract them/cause an accident.... or something to that effect.

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            nah - shd be fine - I once had a car with side lights up the side pillars - fog light was at the top and much higher than the number plate on a surf.

Just FYI for anyone thinking of converting a reversing light in the rear cluster into a fog light. I did this, but it gave me problems because when reversing out of spaces in car parks people couldnt see the reversing light as my rear mounted spare hid it from one side.

I got RAV 4 fog lights from a breaker for £5 each and one day Tony will mount these into my rear bumper. Until then she hasnt had a fog light for years!! :
            i will be ok, no rear mounted spare

Comment

mines tie-wrapped up under the car to the chassis as high out the way as i could get it.
              Comes down to the bumper once a year for the MOT then goes back up there.
              mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

i see scooby doo found his way into your fog light pics lol
                ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Comment

Originally posted by Linda

Hi I convertied both my reversing lights into fog lights as the standard reversing lights were a bit naff could'nt realy see behind in the dark. I did this so I could put 2 front fog lights on the back as reversing lights. No more probs in the dark now plenty of light.
                  Just remember to cover the white lense with red lense tape also paint the bulbs red with heat resistant paint.
                  The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

My surf is a non tailgate spare version (has the reversing lights next to the number plate in the centre of the tailgate). I swopped the lights over from one with a spare on the bracket which also had reversing lights. I then bought 2 high power red LED lights and wired them up as fog lights. Jobs a goodun, they are extremely bright. Haven't mot'd it since and not sure what the rules are on white clusters for fog lights but I can always tint them.

Here you can see the finished result:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...re_dump024.jpg
                    Last edited by Snoop; 16 November 2005, 19:59.
                    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                      anyone know the regs on hight above ground level for fog lights, i was wondering if i could use my high level brake light as one????????????????

Fog Light has to be within 18 inches of the offside rear light cluster
                      Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Working...
                      X