No more broken fog lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more broken fog lights

Just finished fitting fog lights into the back bumper. I got sick of buying new ones every time I want out to play. It was not a hard job to do, it was all done in one day, but if u are going to do it don’t put them as high as I have done. The underside of the bumper is not flat, so put them below the rubber tread that should be fine. I think it was well worth all the work and I like the look of it and the big thing is no more new fog lights to buy.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

where did you obtain these fine looking lights from chris
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
      Just finished fitting fog lights into the back bumper. I got sick of buying new ones every time I want out to play. It was not a hard job to do, it was all done in one day, but if u are going to do it don’t put them as high as I have done. The underside of the bumper is not flat, so put them below the rubber tread that should be fine. I think it was well worth all the work and I like the look of it and the big thing is no more new fog lights to buy.
      looks good, nothing wrong with threesomes now and again.
      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

[QUOTE=marky]where did you obtain these fine looking lights from chris[/QUOTE

They are just standard fog lights for £6.99 just cut off bracker and cut hole in bumper glass on out side reflector box on inside of bumper long screws job done

All that’s on show is the glass
        Last edited by ohsupremebeing; 15 June 2004, 23:34.

Comment

any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by wideboy
            any pics?

There was a piccy put up a long time ago showin the three lights...try looking on off-road section also...barton,haslingdon etc piccies might show them
            Gaz

Comment

What about replacing the driver's reverse light with the fog light?
              Took my friend 5 mins to rewire it, all I needed was a red bulb.

Saves a lot of cutting and hassle!
              [COLOR=Red][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]MMMMMmmmmm 4x4[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by wideboy
                any pics?
                here r the pics
                Attached Files

Comment

Isn't this illegal? I have an idea you are only allowed two rear fog lights. In fact just looked at the Construction and use regs-would you believe that if the vehicle was built before 1 April 1980 there is no limit on the number of rear fogs!!! After that date two max.

Comment

what a silly law.. sure the more you have the safer you are???
                    I cant stand people who dont use fog lights, more to the point i cant stand people who use them in sunny daylight! how some pass thier test I do not know!
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      what a silly law.. sure the more you have the safer you are???
                      I cant stand people who dont use fog lights, more to the point i cant stand people who use them in sunny daylight! how some pass thier test I do not know!
                      silly laws r us... i nearly got done under driver hours regs because i had a 46 minute break then 20 minutes later on!... wouldn't have been illegal to have 25 minutes followed by 20 minutes!... shorter breaks but within the law!... it's crazy mental!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
                        hi,

Is your rear fog light an ordinary bog standard one or is it a bit more attratcive if so where did you get it from?

thanks
                        AL

Comment

Originally posted by alg1
                          hi,

Is your rear fog light an ordinary bog standard one or is it a bit more attratcive if so where did you get it from?

thanks
                          AL
                          Bog Standard from Halfrauds as CHRIS had my old ones because the brackets snapped while offroading.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                            Bog Standard from Halfrauds as CHRIS had my old ones because the brackets snapped while offroading.
                            anyone know the regs on hight above ground level for fog lights, i was wondering if i could use my high level brake light as one????????????????
                            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

hmmm not too sure on that but plenty of cars have em higher up - im thinking about surface mounting 2 from a Landcruiser.
                              Tim
                              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                              X