No announcement yet.

Swap Celica GT-Four for 3rd Gen or LC Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang on to it andy, it's tooooo nice to get rid of. Ditch other stuff if you need the space, sell a kidney if you have to but keep the car .
    Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
      Hang on to it andy, it's tooooo nice to get rid of. Ditch other stuff if you need the space, sell a kidney if you have to but keep the car .
      We told him that when he sold the Surf, he won't listen....

Now look where we are...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

What can I say? I'm impulsive!

If I had the space (always the space!) I'd have...

The GT-Four
        Mk2 Trumph Spitfire
        TR6
        Delta Integrale
        Montecarlo
        Mk1 MR2 - supercharged if possible
        Alfa GTV6

And of course the Surf. Obviously (as you may have gathered by now) I do not have the space for all this affordable frippery, and the Surf is the only one which is big enough to contain all my other hobbies, so thats the one for now.

Hey chap up in Doncaster - hurry up! I'm getting offers of cash now, and thats not good!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Husband is drooling over you car! He wants to swap my surf for it! It's currently with Stevo though so he can't lol x

Comment

Was that the transfer box issues one?

Comment

Oh well... time for a bump it seems...

Comment

Thought the super duper car would have been snapped up?

Comment

It has been a good 6 or 7 times so far!

Been offered a camper van, a Rangie HSE and a fairly recent Discovery so far, plus the usual 'It's just what I'm looking for, I'll be over this weekend' etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Was that the transfer box issues one?
                    yes the transfer box is cream crackered and so only have 2WD.

Comment

My centre diff is working

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        My centre diff is working
                        yes very funny... its my only car for work so have to use it

Comment

My GT-Four is no longer up for swaps as I sold it tonight.

Comment

Nice one. You must be pleased. Sounds like its been painful.

Hard to see it go?

Already hidden the cash?

Comment

Cheers Paul.

No, not hard to see it go really. It was a fabulous car, but just not 'me', you know?

Selling has been a bit of a ball ache. I dont know what it is about performance cars, but they seem to attract a lot of messers and chancers and I have had to jump through hoops for no reason in the end with some people.

However, the lad who bought it was very keen, seemed to know the car and didn't mess me about at all. I'm sure he'll love it!

Not sure what I'm going to buy yet, but it wont be for a few months probably. It's either going to be a 3rd gen, a Colorado / Prado, or an outside chance of a 4.2TD VX.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if some just come and look hoping for a little test drive.

I would love a cruiser or third gen for the diffs if nothing else expecially having seen a third gen on road tires wipe the floor with a selection of lifted modded mud tyred 2nd gen Surfs, landys and Paj's.

Main consideration for me would be 'can it run on veg?' (presume they all have Denso pumps so can but haven't looked into it) and if so get the largest engine possible.

Second would be the width as many of what is left of the greeenlaning I've been on is tight Even in a Surf.

You'll have fun choosing!

Comment

Working...
                                X