Swap Celica GT-Four for 3rd Gen or LC Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap Celica GT-Four for 3rd Gen or LC Colorado

I am waiting to hear back from someone who is arranging domestics for a swap, but incase it falls through, I have the following to swap for a good 3rd gen or Landcruiser Colorado. Value is approx £4k - £4.5k, but will look at deals for a nice truck.

Basically for those who dont know, the ST205 Celica GT-Four was the road version homologation car for Toyota's rally car of the mid 90s driven by such rally greats as Juha Kankunnen and Didier Auriol. It came from the factory with approx 270bhp and 4 wheel drive with mechanical 50:50 torque split. None of that electronic nanny shite here! It's a raw and pretty brutal driving experience with pretty savage acceleration on boost and phenomenal grip. It's probably the most direct, accurate handling car I've ever driven - and there's been a few!

If you want more info, give me a shout.
    Last edited by Apache; 1 September 2010, 23:12.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Nice car, nice pics..no help..lol

Comment

Never thought i'd say it but those wheels are growing on me.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

They wont fit your truck...

I know what you mean though. I had an offer of a set of standard rims, but then thought 'naaah'. The car sits nice (if a little low) on them.

Got the standard springs in the garage though, so that could be remedied.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          They wont fit your truck...

I know what you mean though. I had an offer of a set of standard rims, but then thought 'naaah'. The car sits nice (if a little low) on them.

Got the standard springs in the garage though, so that could be remedied.
          I think it sits fine.

Why not sell it in autotrader or dare i say "ebay", then just buy a truck.

Comment

'tis on eBlag. Put it on yesterday PM and have had a LOT of interest already.

I'd prefer a swap to keep it easy. I hate selling cars and the tw@ts you get turning up and wasting half a day ending with saying 'oh the oil filter's the wrong colour, so I'll give you 50p' kind of thing.

Comment

'tis on eBlag. Put it on yesterday PM and have had a LOT of interest already.

I'd prefer a swap to keep it easy. I hate selling cars and the tw@ts you get turning up and wasting half a day ending with saying 'oh the oil filter's the wrong colour, so I'll give you 50p' kind of thing.
              Ye i see your point, well hopefully within a week or so you'll be asking what the red button is for & why can't you mix red & green coolant.

Comment

I reckon I could do most stuff on a Surf with my eyes closed - by necessity due to rust falling into them from the exhaust...

I will miss the wide eyed look of horror on a Porsche drivers face though as he saw me still there in his mirrors when he'd just hoofed it as hard as he could from the lights...

It's surprisingly quick for an 'old' car - very good value compared to said Porsche, and just as quick til you get to stupidly illegal speeds.

Comment

I reckon I could do most stuff on a Surf with my eyes closed - by necessity due to rust falling into them from the exhaust...

I will miss the wide eyed look of horror on a Porsche drivers face though as he saw me still there in his mirrors when he'd just hoofed it as hard as he could from the lights...

It's surprisingly quick for an 'old' car - very good value compared to said Porsche, and just as quick til you get to stupidly illegal speeds.
                  Sounds like your gunna miss it, you sure your making the right choice by getting rid.

Comment

It's not a choice really. I'd LOVE to keep it, and a truck, but space is an issue.

If I kept it, I'd want to keep it warm and dry in a garage, and 1840's houses dont tend to have them!

Comment

Are you still in the same place in Malvern andy?. I ask because, you ARE going to regret getting rid of this stunning motor. Why not wait till you've moved, and you have more space. It would be s crying shame to lose this motor. When it's garaged and warm and dry, get a proper old dog of a 3.0 litre and 'start again'. There I've said if. Keep the car...even though it's turned you gay.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Still in the same place Gra, but we *could* end up staying here for another year yet - you know what women are like for changing their minds!

Vicki thinks she might want to stay put til she's finished her studying, but might want to move before then if she sees the right house. Life is full of 'mights' and 'maybes' you see!

I'd rather do a swap for a good 3rd gen or Colorado as if I sell for cash, sure as eggs is eggs, some of that cash will end up elsewhere!

Yes, I'd love to keep it. It's the best example I've seen, and I'm sure, being what it is, it will appreciate in the long term.

Comment

Just keep it andy. You're deffo moving sometime so IRS worth hanging onto...go on...you know you want to
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I would swap in a flash if I was able to get in and out of it. There is a very good chance that my Surf will be up for sale within the next 6 weeks. I am just waiting for feedback from a specific source. If you want to pm me about the Surf, no problem.

Comment

Getting in is no problem - just drop

Getting out... well, you wont want to once you're in!

Comment

Working...
                              X