No announcement yet.

swap scooby for excellent 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you gentlemen must have been pulling your hair out in frustration. I have a 22 year old guy that works for me who cannot afford scooby insurance so I said I would see if any surfers would be interested in a swap for a good scooby for their surf, hence the advert. He saw my old one in Black with full bodykit and loved it. No, they're not really antique, if looked after, very good.

Comment

i couldnt pull anymore of my hair out,as i dont have to much to spare,.....why would we be frustrated ??
      this is a surf forum for surf owners, wishing to discuss surf things......
      if by frustration, you mean we cant afford a nissan, well no. there are two seemingly differing sorts of owners on here, the shiny brigade and the mudpluggers. the shiny brigade are possibly dribbling at the shinyness of a big engined large 4x4, and jolly good luck to you if you want one.

there is though, the readership in this thread who's intrest you have engaged.we are very much into our offroading, this requiring a solid, reliable,mutifunctional, and above all comfortable vehicle, capable of driving down to sainsbury's then the next day negotiating mountain tracks.
      there is no distinction between any of the owners , some light hearted banter exists, one or two fellas have taken the extreme route of uprating to v8 power and the such.....i find this much more impressive than a shiny surf with expensive whels and 25 layers of polish on it....but thats only my opinion.
      come on in and stay and have a laugh, (we do mostly at land rover owners) , but as to why we are frustrated...i couldnt possibly guess, othe rthan to say, you want one for shiny purposes, i want one for offroading...we both got what we want.....and iff mattf starts hollering just ignore him (apparently he's more ginger than me)
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        im a little confused...but i am old and ginger
        Telephone advert...
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

i couldnt pull anymore of my hair out,as i dont have to much to spare,.....why would we be frustrated ??
          if by frustration, you mean we cant afford a nissan, well no. there are two seemingly differing sorts of owners on here, the shiny brigade and the mudpluggers. the shiny brigade are possibly dribbling at the shinyness of a big engined large 4x4, and jolly good luck to you if you want one.

there is though, the readership in this thread who's intrest you have engaged.we are very much into our offroading, this requiring a solid, reliable,mutifunctional, and above all comfortable vehicle, capable of driving down to sainsbury's then the next day negotiating mountain tracks.
          there is no distinction between any of the owners , some light hearted banter exists, one or two fellas have taken the extreme route of uprating to v8 power and the such.....i find this much more impressive than a shiny surf with expensive whels and 25 layers of polish on it....but thats only my opinion.
          come on in and stay and have a laugh, (we do mostly at land rover owners) , but as to why we are frustrated...i couldnt possibly guess, othe rthan to say, you want one for shiny purposes, i want one for offroading...we both got what we want.....and iff mattf starts hollering just ignore him (apparently he's more ginger than me)
          well said that man

i'm a mudplugger myself and don't see the point in having shiny stuff on my truck as it will only get ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            Bl**dy hell... a Titan?! Why did you want to get a Surf for a swap on a subaru when you had £31k sitting around.....
            He probably means Dollars.

I'd love one of those trucks too, for road use.

Gorgeous black one here for $21,000.
            http://www.internetautoguide.com/use.../le/index.html
            Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 2 September 2008, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

see what i mean........strange
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

They are very smart!! I'd probably go for a Ford, Harley davidson F250 before the Titan. Used to have the largest cab of any full size 4x4...

.. but then Dodge released the MEGA CAB!!!! Which frankly, is stupid! Its damn huge!!

Still, Any american 4x4 is cool!

Comment

No they aint.

Dodge Durango is horrible. Chevy Blazer is 'OK' at best. Ford Exporer, comfy and forgettable. Ford Expedition - house on wheels. Great for long distances (which I did) but I imagine absolutely hopeless on British roads. Lincoln Navigator - as per Expedition but for "gangsta's" only.

Cant think of any I'd rather have in the UK than a Surf, other than an old Bronco - BUT for driving on the big highways out there, perhaps an Expedition.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    No they aint.

Dodge Durango is horrible. Chevy Blazer is 'OK' at best. Ford Exporer, comfy and forgettable. Ford Expedition - house on wheels. Great for long distances (which I did) but I imagine absolutely hopeless on British roads. Lincoln Navigator - as per Expedition but for "gangsta's" only.

Cant think of any I'd rather have in the UK than a Surf, other than an old Bronco - BUT for driving on the big highways out there, perhaps an Expedition.
                    Well, Any american 4x4 Pickup is pretty cool!

Comment

only if you can relate to brokenback mountain
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Aye right you enough already
                        Brian

Comment

gotta agree with that but only as far as a 70's blazer or wrangler.
                          £30000 for what is essentially a posh navarra....each to their own...

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                          only if you can relate to brokenback mountain
                          i understand you like it bareback ..yee haa !!
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

gotta agree with that but only as far as a 70's blazer or wrangler.
                            £30000 for what is essentially a posh navarra....each to their own...
                            Oh, dont get me wrong!

It's cool!! If i saw one at a car show or something i'd be checking it out!

But theres no f**king way i would want to own a titan!!

Especially when the Artic trucks Navarra is sooooo sexy!! an a fraction of £31K

Comment

My titan is one of the best you will find anywhere in the states. I have my friends there who have spent weeks looking for just what I want and I'm thrilled to bits it's only costing £31k in total. Theres about 40% on top of the purchase price of the truck for vat, import duties, shipping, agents costs, sva etc etc. but this is irrelevant to me as I claim most of it back via the business. When it boils down this fabulous machine who would blow any truck away with it's speed and prescence on the road. I've looked at the Fords, Dodges etc. and whilst decent trucks, could'nt live with mine. I 'm into the quarter mile times at the POD more than plugging my way through cow shit and the like.
                              but of course each to their own, I would'nt knock anybodys hobbies.whatever floats your boats..My truck is hand picked, not one from Joe Bloggs on the English south coast and of course I could get it slightly cheaper from the importers but at the end of the day it's not the one I picked out specifically.

If any of you guys want to buy an LE low mileage 07 CREW CAB Titan my pals in the states have located a silver grey with $5000 of nice extras for £28, 900.with all duties paid. Let me know and I'll put you in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by yungjamie View Post
                                My titan is one of the best you will find anywhere in the states. I have my friends there who have spent weeks looking for just what I want and I'm thrilled to bits it's only costing £31k in total. Theres about 40% on top of the purchase price of the truck for vat, import duties, shipping, agents costs, sva etc etc. but this is irrelevant to me as I claim most of it back via the business. When it boils down this fabulous machine who would blow any truck away with it's speed and prescence on the road. I've looked at the Fords, Dodges etc. and whilst decent trucks, could'nt live with mine. I 'm into the quarter mile times at the POD more than plugging my way through cow shit and the like.
                                but of course each to their own, I would'nt knock anybodys hobbies.whatever floats your boats..My truck is hand picked, not one from Joe Bloggs on the English south coast and of course I could get it slightly cheaper from the importers but at the end of the day it's not the one I picked out specifically.

If any of you guys want to buy an LE low mileage 07 CREW CAB Titan my pals in the states have located a silver grey with $5000 of nice extras for £28, 900.with all duties paid. Let me know and I'll put you in touch.

Hehehe!! Good man!

Comment

Working...
                                X