yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberty Motors - Mitcham - a fair warning !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Standards are best bet....could always go through Small Claims Court, cant remeber the limit set on this though [pretty low]...but you would have to prove all your claims independantly as you would have to bring the claim [civil court]
    Gaz

Comment

If you take them to small claims ,the amount has to be under £5000

If you want to do this you can start the ball rolling online here http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/o...mcol/index.htm

If you do go ahead be aware that if can cost you a lot of money even going through the small claims.

Im in the process of doing this at the moment and has cost me around £600 - £800 so far.Thats with me doing all the paperwork too. A litigator cost around £140 per hour.

hope this helps

Mike
      I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenNeilson
        Hi

We've just joined this forum as we bought a hilux-surf from Liberty Motors two months ago and are now having problems. It keeps overheating and when we tried to get it fixed under the 12 months warranty we were told that the warranty wasn't worth the paper it was written on and that its probably going to cost us around £2,500 to get fixed. The head gasket is cracked and we've also had it pointed out that the air-conditioning is illegal in the UK.

We've tried to contact Liberty Motors but they do not answer the phone. Does anyone know if he's still in business?

We're not sure what to do next and whether we should attempt court action. We contacted trading standards and they said that we had a case but not a strong one as we've been driving it for 2 months and it would be how the judge felt on the day.

Aaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Darren
        The HEAD is cracked more than likely. TONYN is in Basingstoke he will supply & fit a new modified head hell of a lot cheaper than £2200 If need be.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
        X