Diagnostics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnostics

I've just had my surf returned from my local garage after 3 months (yes, you read that right), for investigating the standing trail of black smoke she leaves whilst pootling up a 1in7 hill 1st thing in the morning. Basically my truck has no improvement. I've got a copy of the diagnostic codes and am wondering if self diagnosis is a pre-requisite for surf owners, or does anyone know of a garage in the Wales/West Midlands area that is capable of running a diagnostic for me?
    Binky rides again........

the codes and manual code reading techniques is well detailed on this site or possibly on the aussie techsite or offroad.com someone'll be along wiv a proper link somewhere soon.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

This may help

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thanks chaps - have printed the codes. off to strip my hair strighteners for some wire & put on some rubber soled wellies..... the sacrifices us girlies have to make hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky
          Thanks chaps - have printed the codes. off to strip my hair strighteners for some wire & put on some rubber soled wellies..... the sacrifices us girlies have to make hehehe

Is the truck running OK apart from the trail of smoke?

Comment

Have you disconnected the ERG?
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Hi guys - thanks for the additional info. The truck seems to be running ok other than smoke- although power loss is inevitable when climbing hills. The EGR is still connected (but not for long hehe). I have been advised by a 'friend-of-a-friend' that it is possibly the air sensor that is faulty.

Comment

Hi guys - thanks for the additional info. The truck seems to be running ok other than smoke- although power loss is inevitable when climbing hills. The EGR is still connected (but not for long hehe). I have been advised by a 'friend-of-a-friend' that it is possibly the air sensor that is faulty.

If it is, I have one available.

Comment

You may just be my newest best friend..... !! I'd be more than happy to know the cost (pounds or eweros - baaa). Either post or email me. Thanks!

Comment

You may just be my newest best friend..... !! I'd be more than happy to know the cost (pounds or eweros - baaa). Either post or email me. Thanks!

No cost to you what-so-ever.
                    If it is definately the sensor that is faulty!
                    Have you checked the diagnostics codes? You need to get them checked in case there are other problems.

If the truck is running OK but just smokey, then all you need to do is buy some Redex injector cleaner and add it to the fuel tank, or fill the filter with it when it gets re-newed.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers dudey- checking the fault codes is next on my list. I had previously used injector cleaner & the garage did clean the injectors. I found some good info on http://www.autotekelectronics.co.uk/...desAirMass.htm but will be in contact when i've hot wired the ECU !!!

Comment

Vince,
                        About to do filter changes. Is filling new fuel filter full of Redex before fitting the best way of cleaning (preventative maintenance). Or putting in tank? Would have thought filling the filter would be like wiping it's arse with sandpaper - but your advice is my bible!
                        BTW you'll notice that if I'm changing my filters, I'm now mobile...ECU was at fault in the end.
                        Regards,
                        Martin

Comment

Originally posted by squipper View Post
                          Vince,
                          About to do filter changes. Is filling new fuel filter full of Redex before fitting the best way of cleaning (preventative maintenance). Or putting in tank? Would have thought filling the filter would be like wiping it's arse with sandpaper - but your advice is my bible!
                          BTW you'll notice that if I'm changing my filters, I'm now mobile...ECU was at fault in the end.
                          Regards,
                          Martin
                          Yes!

Comment

Working...
                          X