Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0l Gen 3 Auto

All

Got rid of my gen 3 3.0l auto over a year ago when the head went. Looking for another.

Unmolested. No lifts. Most importantly, no sunroof. I'm tall and the s/roof takes an inch or so off the head height.

Looking at one very local to me on Saturday. Anyone recognize it ?
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01408226809036

Happy to pay decent money for a good one.

It's fairly high mileage, give it a thorough check.

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
      It's fairly high mileage, give it a thorough check.
      High mileage.........really 124,000 miles its 19 yrs old!!

Comment

It's sliiiiiiim pickings if you wait for a surf with less than 100k.

Spoke to the owner. Has had the head redone 3 years ago. Also mentioned that it's had the gearbox rebuillt . No receipts for that work. Although he has service history for the last 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by flamesnm View Post

Spoke to the owner. Has had the head redone 3 years ago. Also mentioned that it's had the gearbox rebuillt . No receipts for that work. Although he has service history for the last 5 years.
          Where about are you located?

Comment

Maidenhead area ?

Is the seller a dealer/trader ?

Ask for new 12mth mot

Oh & a full tank of diesel

Comment

it's a bit "plain" too for 2.7k - I think it's too expensive
              should be able to get one for about 2k with 150k miles
              check out gumtree - mines on there ATM BTW

Comment

Head and gearbox done, but no record??

For what I see online and on this forum, it's expensive for a low spec ssr x with high mileage and no receipts for such major work.

That sort of money should get you a much better Gen 3 IMHO.

Cheers

Comment

It is a bit steep, but I wouldn't give him him that money. I'm not after frills, just a solid surf with maintenance history. I'm not sure I'm confident this one is that.
                  Although having the gearbox and head done should mean they don't have to be done again ( although never heard of a gearbox going in a surf ) with no detail on who did the work, it might have been done by someone as ignorant as me.

It is in Maidenhead. He's a dealer that trades from his house. Irony is I bought my last one of him as well. Had warped front brake discs

I think I'll pass.

I'll check out Gumtree. Would not have thought to go there for a car ? More Ikea furniture

Comment

Also keep an eye on the for sale section here, some very good surfs crop up every now and then.

I think 200000 Km (124k mile) is a bit high if there's no record of work done.

Comment

Thinking of selling mine not sure what it's worth tho. Will try and post a pic if I can work out how to lol

Last edited by Gra1986; 20 March 2015, 00:20.

Comment

Hi Gra1986

Good looking surf, and I would have been interested if it wasn't for the pesky sunroof.

Comment

Hi Gra1986

Good looking surf, and I would have been interested if it wasn't for the pesky sunroof.
                          I have some sheet metal and a welder? Lol

Comment

Working...
                          X