3rd Gen Surf wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Surf wanted

Im looking for a 3rd Gen Surf due to mine being written off.
    Insurance company is paying out.
    It needs to be a clean well maintained auto with no bits missing! Needs to have the belts done. No ciggie burns etc.

you looking for a standard or modified truck

as my modified truck is for sale soon once i replace the cylinder head on it

it passed its mot fine at the start of august

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1410257043...84.m1561.l2649
    Last edited by SRI_GAZ; 23 August 2013, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by beach surfer View Post
      It needs to be a clean well maintained auto with no bits missing! Needs to have the belts done. No ciggie burns etc.
      And I suspect you want all that for no more than £2000.

Comment

I think a monster truck will be a little too big for me. I would need a step ladder to get into that! No doubt my husband would love it.
        I'm really after a standard well maintained 3rd Gen. I am expecting between £3k to £3.5k from the insurance company and I don't mind adding to that for the right surf.

Comment

Hi,I'll be selling my kzn185 p reg 3rd gen surf the end of this week.
          It was imported in 2006'123'000 miles,5 months mot 5 months tax.
          Ssr-x with sunroof,wind deflectors,rear spoiler,air con,auto box,new front shocks and strut top mounts,never been offroad or had a tow bar.
          No rust or accident damage,no battle scars or filler repairs.
          I'm the 3rd uk owner and its been 100% reliable the time I have had it.
          Fitted with a thatcham alarm with cert.im a non smoker and it doesn't smell like its been smoked in ever but there is a very small cig burn in drivers seat.
          Bad bits--rear left bumper corner is a little dented and surface rust coming through the paint,drivers wing has 3 stone-chips and it comes with 2 new road tyres and 2 very good road tyres,not the tyres in the pic
          I'm probably too far away (Angus,dd115la) and for what you are spending you could get something newer with less miles but I'm asking £3000 for it.
          Any questions please email me at
          leemcgregor@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

That's a nice looking Surf but I think Angus is a bit too far for me. Being on the South East coast I think Im closer to Germany and Switzerland than to you!
            I've already asked the insurance company if they would pay my travelling costs to buy another Surf and they've said No way. A bit unfair I think.
            I don't think I will find a Surf with all the bits I had on my car so I will try and buy my car back and take the parts off it I want on the replacement. IE- bullbar, towbar, roof racks, audio system and hopefully the altimeter/compass/barometer.

Comment

No probs,I know the road north from England too well,quite a lot of my previous cars have came from the south of England so I used to fly down and collect them then drive home.
              Forgot to add mine has the under slung spare and the compass,altimeter,barometer,te mp gauge unit.
              I got my 1st surf from Cambridge,I had a transport company deliver it to me for £330,I have another surf which I am keeping which I bought from Bristol,got that delivered for £378 from any van.
              Hope you get something closer and in decent condition!

Comment

I have a '96 3rd Gen for sale.
                It's black over silver has the bullbar fitted but the Toyota spots are still in a box. Spare wheel on the rear door, compass etc fitted. Just been MoT'd and taxed and had a new exhaust recently fitted. It also has a double din Kenwood fitted, with removable front screen and sat nav built in.
                There's a small dint in the corner of the rear bumper and it has 5 good tyres, plus a set of 5 wheels powder coated and fitted with winter tyres that are also available.

The car's in the North East and I'm looking for £3000

Comment

Sounds great. Have you sold it?

Comment

With the budget you have why don't you import your own surf? You could choose a mint one from one of the jap import websites. 4000 USD will get you an excellent 3rd Gen, a blank canvas that you can then modify and add your old bits to. Some of the exporters give you some sort of "original mileage guarantee" and they use a pretty straight forward method of grading vehicles. I ve very rarely seen anything "selfimported" that doesn't meet the buyer's expectations.
                    Good luck

Comment

Sounds great. Have you sold it?
                      Car's still available. I'm on holiday until the 24th, if you're still looking give me a shout near then.

Regards

Glenn

Comment

Working...
                      X