Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Surf

Hi all,

Im in the market for a 4x4 and im thinking along the lines of a 3ltr auto in good nick (obviously) a cherished one would be even better:-) Im also up for a 2.7ltr petrol (manual or auto). Ideally one that has had all the main service points done i.e. cam belts etc. An up-graded head and intercooler would be great, plus also any overland expedition mods done would be most excellent (dude).

My first preference would be a LC KZJ70 (wheres the 'i'll get my coat' smilie?!), but who knows - someone might know someone who might know someone......:-)

Bender
    Last edited by Bender71; 2 February 2012, 10:29. Reason: Also consider 2.7 petrol

Get a 2.7 petrol version, (3RZ-FE engine) no head or timing belt worries. MPG is slightly better too.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Get a 2.7 petrol version, (3RZ-FE engine) no head or timing belt worries. MPG is slightly better too.
      Interesting......dont see many petrol surfs around here - why if the benefits are so great?

Also need a dixon bate set-up - but that would be picky:-)

Comment

......rare as hens teeth the 2.7 petrols!?

Comment

Originally posted by Bender71 View Post
          ......rare as hens teeth the 2.7 petrols!?
          Not quite, its the rust free rear bumpers that are as rare as hens teeth... 2.7's are just scarce that's all!
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Hi are you interested in a 3rd gen in blue ssrg

Comment

Or a 3rd gen ssrv in grey ?
              Thought I may aswell jump on the bandwagon , seeing as traders are getting free advertising

Comment

Nasar and Poves - Im looking for a surf yes, but as per original post - dont want any old tat - not that im implying yours is:-)

SSRG is top of the range yeah? To be honest - not fussed what edition it is but rather the condition and all major service work carried out etc. Not looking for service stamps - brownie points given to DIY mechanics with OCD:-) Ideally 2.7.petrol but I would consider 3ltr diesel. Looking to buy from forum members - not so much an unknown quantity unlike fleabay etc.

Best thing to do is try me - tell me what you got and post some piccies up and i'll have a gander..........

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  Not quite, its the rust free rear bumpers that are as rare as hens teeth... 2.7's are just scarce that's all!

:-) saw one on fleabay that had new chrome front and rear bumpers to replace the rusty ones....he really must have wanted to sell that truck............:-)

Comment

Been looking on Pistonheads, and come across a few surfs im interested in, I would welcome comments:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3512559.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3587800.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3598781.htm

Are these all 3rd gen ones?

Comment

Been looking on Pistonheads, and come across a few surfs im interested in, I would welcome comments:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3512559.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3587800.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3598781.htm

Are these all 3rd gen ones?
                      Nope they are all 2nd Gen.

Mine will be listed on here shortly, but it has been modded and used for green laning

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                        Nope they are all 2nd Gen.

Mine will be listed on here shortly, but it has been modded and used for green laning
                        Thanks Growler

I should be looking for 3rd generation really? Pros and cons?

Your mods - im looking for an expedition truck at the end of the day that will see a bit of rough terrain - North Africa - that sort of thing. Lifted is good. Above all it needs to be reliable and looked after - if that matches your truck then tell me more............

Comment

Thanks Growler

I should be looking for 3rd generation really? Pros and cons?

Your mods - im looking for an expedition truck at the end of the day that will see a bit of rough terrain - North Africa - that sort of thing. Lifted is good. Above all it needs to be reliable and looked after - if that matches your truck then tell me more............
                          I've seen Growlers truck, it has expedition written all over it. A nicely modded example. And if you don't want the front bumper, can I buy it?
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                            I've seen Growlers truck, it has expedition written all over it. A nicely modded example. And if you don't want the front bumper, can I buy it?
                            ....and what would I do without a front bumper......?!:-)

Growler....you got a winch on that?

Comment

....and what would I do without a front bumper......?!:-)

Tell you what, buy the truck, I'll have the bumper, and i'll fit you my gleaming standard Surf bumper for free...deal?
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X