Married man WLTM SSR-G for dirty weekends, maybe more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married man WLTM SSR-G for dirty weekends, maybe more

I have come to realise that I need more than a shiny 330 coupe to fulfil my needs. A Gen 3 Surf is what I want. Space with pace and grace, or big naff off tyres anyway. Preferably Intercooled, with a sunroof to poke my head out of (don't ask). Black would be nice but I'm not too fussed as long as it's not one of the girly colours. "G" would be nice too, unless it comes with the stuff anyway (not sure what SSRG gives but like the adjustable ride and "sport" buttons, and that mirror thing on the spoiler! Wild!). A little lift would not hurt but I worry about insurers reactions, so undecided there. Must have AT tyres. ie 50/50

Anthony, your car looks like it would fit the bill, and some. But just so you know, I am even more "careful" than a Scottish Yorkshireman.

Matt
    Matt

looking at buying a vw transporter for work so surf really has to go.
    Had it nearly 3 years, had a ssr-g before that, bought it as it is limited, dont see many and it is in v. good nick.
    Can't let it go for peanuts as need to buy another vehicle. spent alot on it last year including new head, (ready built), new rad, 4 AT tyres. just had new front pads on last week .
    head unit /kenwood- parrot bluetooth, tfts playstation & freeview boxcan come out if you dont want them.
    It is fitted with a 600w inverter ( in boot)
    driving lamps & fogs are wire through waterproof relays units.
    I have a set of roof bars as well.

its 1997 model, think that was one of the last.
    ANTZ

Comment

Hi Antz. Looks nice, but I wouldn't know what to do with the gizmos. Don't even know what an inverter is!

A couple of questions:

What do you mean by "limited"?

I noticed from the archive you had a bit of bother with the tyres rubbing. What was the cause and outcome?

Also, I thought the 3.0L was less likely to blow head gaskets. What was the cause (radiator?) Is the cooling system fully sorted?

What's the mileage? MOT dates, last cambelt?

Have you had it regularly serviced? By you or garage?

Finally, what are you hoping to get for it, without the ICE (the lamps will be useful, though, so don't take them off! And was that a lamp of some sort in the boot? Handy!) My max for the perfect vehicle is £4k and I am pretty sure I could get close for under £3k if Finns is anything to go by.

The post got deleted before I could save the link to the pics. Could you post/send it again. My email highseats@tiscali.co.uk if you want to chat direct.
      Matt

Comment

Working...
      X