Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!

Right first off, just had a new head, rad and bits fitted! Its taken two weeks, but had the motor back yesterday (Fri 13th!!!) Drove ten miles and pop!! the same problem as before the head was supposed to have gone!!
    Now i've been told it's probably the block itself!
    So, the end result is a new engine!!
    Does anybody know of anywhere i can get an engine? running would be best, old or new head no problem i'll just put the new head on it! Anything that will get me back on the road asp!!
    So i'm looking for anybody who has a 2.4 engine in working order for sale!!!!

Cheers and help me start to enjoy my not enjoyed surf!!

G
    Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

Originally posted by speedymacfish
    Right first off, just had a new head, rad and bits fitted! Its taken two weeks, but had the motor back yesterday (Fri 13th!!!) Drove ten miles and pop!! the same problem as before the head was supposed to have gone!!
    Now i've been told it's probably the block itself!
    So, the end result is a new engine!!
    Does anybody know of anywhere i can get an engine? running would be best, old or new head no problem i'll just put the new head on it! Anything that will get me back on the road asp!!
    So i'm looking for anybody who has a 2.4 engine in working order for sale!!!!

Cheers and help me start to enjoy my not enjoyed surf!!

G
    How long have you had the car???
    What warranty have you got with it???
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

warranty

Had the car since dec, and the warranty funs out on the 23 of this month, but the warranty states that I have to pay half!!!! so far the bill is up to £1500!!!! and now on top of that will be a new engine, unless someone has any more insight to what the cause could be!

cheers
      Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

Comment

Originally posted by speedymacfish
        Had the car since dec, and the warranty funs out on the 23 of this month, but the warranty states that I have to pay half!!!! so far the bill is up to £1500!!!! and now on top of that will be a new engine, unless someone has any more insight to what the cause could be!

cheers

I would say its down to the garage, if you took the motor in there with a fault and they diagnose the head and it isn't, its down to them. They should check for the problem properly before reparing it, pressure test etc etc.
        Repaired and within a few miles it goes bang, sorry but in my opinion its down to the garage. Also tell the warranty company to go swing for their half the money because the fault has not been correctly diagnosed or rectified, see what they gotto say about it.
        Above all quick call to the C.A.B for some advice wouldn't hurt.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Working...
        X